Author Topic: If you could only have one...  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
If you could only have one...
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »
If you could only have one of your USFA's, which one would it be, and why?
When all is said and done, I think i would go with my nickel plated, 7 & 1/2", .45.  Shoots dead on at 25 yards, flawless finish and premium walnut grips.  I love my nickel 4 & 3/4" .45, with ivory grips and personalized serial number, but that 7 & 1/2 incher is a tack driver and hard to beat.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If you could only have one...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »
My first Premium SAA that I spent some time on making my own walnut grips for to replace the stock rubber.  The depth of the case colors and bluing and all of that American quality that started me down this road of obsession for US Firearms.  That obsession rekindled my interest and passion in gun collecting with intensity.  It has opened new interests in connecting American history with American firearms.  That first Premium brings alot of pleasure along with every time I shoot it! 

Offline Sikeston Slinger

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:29:12 AM »
Well, although I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, probably my recently acquired Rodeo II Sheriff's Model.  That gun is making a warm spot in my heart every time I get 'er out of the box and handle it.  I will remedy the lack of shooting it tomorrow, though!!!

;)
Justice is Coming

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:58:01 AM »

Offline North Bender

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:06:47 AM »
If I could take my Pre-War, 4 and 3/4 barrel, with the 2-piece fancy walnut grips in .45-Colt with the fitted .45 acp cylinder, with the fire-blued appointments and the action like glass, to Afghanistan with me next week ... that's what I'd choose.

Doc, see you at DJ's around August, 2009.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:29:16 AM »
North Bender,

Keep your spirit high and your head low!  Good luck and God Speed on your return.

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
NB,
That's me you'll be lookin' for at DJ's!  Good luck to you and I'll be waitin' for ya.
Take Care,
CJF

Offline North Bender

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44:19 PM »
Sorry Capt., I didn't look back at the appropriate thread.  I do believe we talked once in passing and you own more USFAs than anyone I've ever heard of.

Please say hi to Tina and Bruce.  They'll remember my purchase of the Pr-War.

They also sold me a Rodeo, and a Ruger Blackhawk.  It was a funny story about the Blackhawk.  I wanted one in .45 Colt with a .45 acp cylinder.  So I called, and the youngster answered.  He said he'd call the supplier.  I never heard back from him, so I went up there.  The youngster was hemming and hawing about the supplier while I was looking in the glass cages - and there was the pistol I wanted, on the shelf.  Tina told me to always ask for her in the future.

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 10:47:41 PM »
Yeah, the kid seems a bit lost at times.
Bruce and Tina went to a gun show in Colorado a few weeks back.  Bruce came home with a Patterson Colt.  Says he will probably have to sell one of his Volcanic pistols to help pay for it but that it was worth it.
I sure hope that you will be able to join us here on this board while you are away - if for no other reason than to keep up appraised of you situation.
Again, take Care,
CJF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com