Author Topic: Parts Search  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Parts Search
« on: April 28, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »
I know this is off the subject, butttttttt....... I picked up a project original Remington New Model Navy not long ago. Bore is good and the whole thing is in decent shape, but no finish. So, I want to make a nice shooter out of it. Problem is that it's missing the loading lever, hammer and cylinder. I can make a lever out of a repro Army, but the cylinder and hammer are more of a problem. Anyone out there know where I might scare up those parts?

Thanks!

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Parts Search
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

J. REPLACEMENT PARTS: The following are sources for cap and ball revolver replacement parts. It maybe best to first obtain a catalog and then place an order instead of just ordering one or two needed parts. The shipping cost on a small order may exceed the price of the parts. Also keep in mind that a good number of replacement parts do not "drop-in" but may need to be fitted.

1) Dixie Gun Works lists 12 pages of original and newly made parts.

2) The Gun Works, Muzzleloading Emporium list Pietta and ASM parts for the Colt 1851, 1860, Walker, Dragoon and Pocket Police, also the Remington and Remington Pocket.

3) S & S Firearms has parts for the Rogers & Spencer, Remington New Army and Navy, plus the Colt 1860 and 1851.

4) Taylor's & Co., Inc. has a $15 parts book with break-down sheets for Pietta, Uberti and Armi Sport revolvers with up-date service.

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. The problem with Remington Navies is that the repros are made on Army frames. Originals have a slimmer frame and smaller diameter cylinder, so the parts I mentioned have to be originals (drats!)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:57:03 PM »

Offline Jobe Holiday

• Doc's half-wit, half-brother
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »
Arizona Trooper,

You might try your old acquaintence, Bill Osborne at www.Lodgewood.com. Bill isn't cheap by any means, but he usually has original things you can't get anywhere else.

JH
44th NY
N-SSA
Life Member: NRA Benefactor, NMLRA, SCA, OMSA, EAF&GC

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »
Thanks, I've already got a call in to Bill. He must be at a show because he hasn't called back. Bill had a loading lever for my Old Model Navy when I was restoring it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com