Author Topic: Fun Bannock story  (Read 2926 times)

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fun Bannock story
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »
I made a batch last saturday afternoon in the back yard. My 9 yr old son was my helper. We had some high wind and the effect was a concern but living in Nebraska, were used to the high wind. if it ever stopped blowing we woudl all fall down.  Ok so there we were. I mixed in some fresh garlic for taste. my son was so excited about this, he went over to an adjacent neborhood and recruited some girl friends of his to come watch what we were doing. Right away they began complaining about what we were doing. (common female trait) I asked them if they liked garlic? yes do you like bread, biscuits tyo be extact? yes. Do you like butter, real butter? yes. so off we went. 20 mins later we had a really nice patch of bannock to try. I placed some butter on the pioneer breads and they loved it. I'm always puzzled by people who complain about something they know nothing about. As soon as you help them discover the good stuff they quickly change their attitude. They loved the unleven bread with butter and garlic. I can see how this bread with preserves would be a real hit. It is plain and simple yet very good. We had no leftovers. Doing this in a dutch was easy. It slide right on out with a flick of my knife. 

Oscar,        PS I am going to make a batch at the Rock Creek with Del.     
Oscar

Offline Singing Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Fun Bannock story
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »
Yup.  Love the stuff despite my inconsistent results.  Going to bake a couple up this weekend for a family dinner on Sunday.   :)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »
That's great, Oscar.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:01:53 AM »

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
For one batch of bannock I used two cloves of garlic. The result was a very faint garlic flavor. obviously if you really want a heavy garlic taste you just throw in more.

Oscar,
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com