Author Topic: A Couple of Good Ones  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Couple of Good Ones
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
One old, one new, never seen either of em before.

The older one was Alverez Kelly.  It stars Richard Widmark an addresses a part of the Civil War most folks don't think about...the importance of food for the troops.  A white man raised in Mexico who has no ties to either side sells 2500 head of cattle to the Union Army.  A Reb scouting party finds them an knows their boys must have meat but they have no idea how to drive cattle.  They coerce the rancher into helpiing and things get real interestin.  Good story.

The new one is called Prarie Fever an tells the story of a drunk ex sherrif who is saddled with the job of taking mail order brides who have been sent back by there new husbands to a train station in Carson City.  Each girl has an interrestin past an a reason for being a little off center.  Of course they got bad men on their trail and our hero learns a lot of lessons along the way.  Sounds campy, but a good watch in my opinion. 

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
Re: A Couple of Good Ones
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:40:41 PM »
Gee Pard,  "Alverez Kelly" is on about twice a week on the Western channel ;D  I admit it's pretty good but I got tired of watching it after about 1/2 dozen times ;)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
Unfortunately I don get the Western channel.  Jus AMC an TMC.  They rerun the movies over an over too--can't count how many times The Last Wagon's been on.  Like you with AK, I like the movie but it's beat into the ground.  I was suprised to have missed this one in the past, but was prolly busy watchin The Comacheros or The Searchers for the 80th odd time on another channel.   ;D  Same with Eastwood movies--you can watch any Leone movie ya want as long as it's High Plains Drifter.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:35:16 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com