Author Topic: Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started  (Read 339877 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Happens here, Leo. Ninety sumthin’ out. Quick storm gets everthin’ soaked then the sun comes back out ‘n the humidity runs off the scale. Can’t half breathe in it. I go inside ‘n turn the thermostat ta Artic.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
The better-half called me at verk today and wanted ta know where the shotgun shells were. :o There was a 'possum in the yard that the dog was barking at. When I got home I threw the disemboweled 'possum in the burner.  ::) I then showed her how ta use the Remington #4 rolling block .22LR.

When it goes dark real quick during the day, we look to see if there are any funnel clouds. :o Most of the time it's thunderstorms, but sometimes a twister will be in it also.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
I always think of when I was a teenager, driving a combine in the wheat on an open combine,  there in Oklahoma you'd see the clouds starting to build nearly half way across the state,  when you begin to see em in about 3 hours you'd be getting something, during wheat season it'll be high 90's or 100 with no problem,  them clouds would come up big and black about 50,000 foot high and you'd begin to see the lightning flashing up in it. a few time see a funnel drop down outa the clouds.
we'd stay usuallly until the first rain drops started, empty the combine and tarp the truck and head for the barn.

thinking about that combining and how hot is was, and driving em from sun up till a little after sundown. I'm always reminded of that line in a song,

I've seen sunny days I thought would never end. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Advertising

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
The better-half called me at verk today and wanted ta know where the shotgun shells were. :o There was a 'possum in the yard that the dog was barking at. When I got home I threw the disemboweled 'possum in the burner.  ::) I then showed her how ta use the Remington #4 rolling block .22LR.

When it goes dark real quick during the day, we look to see if there are any funnel clouds. :o Most of the time it's thunderstorms, but sometimes a twister will be in it also.

Slim

Funny you mention that Slim.  One of the plumbers I work with is a gun nut.  We pretty much pass the entire day talkin iron.  One of the other guys mentioned that he had a big coon terrorizin his yard last night.  Well both me an my buddies eyes lit up.  We dern near ended up flippin a coin to see which one of us got to take tonights watch!  Turns out the coon guy is in city limits so I guess we'll have to let the Animal control folks handle it  :(
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Funny you mention that Slim.  One of the plumbers I work with is a gun nut.  We pretty much pass the entire day talkin iron.  One of the other guys mentioned that he had a big coon terrorizin his yard last night.  Well both me an my buddies eyes lit up.  We dern near ended up flippin a coin to see which one of us got to take tonights watch!  Turns out the coon guy is in city limits so I guess we'll have to let the Animal control folks handle it  :(

tell him to go down to the farm supply store and pick up a have a heart trap and get ya a spoonful of peanut butter, he'll have him trapped alive by morning,

now Slim with that possum,  ya just gotta grab em by the tail and swing em one big time and against the ground, he'll sull up then act like he's dead,   my granny taught me how to do that by the time I was 6 years old.  ;D  then she'd take a good stout limb and put it over his neck, stand on each side of his head on the stick and pull on the tail, it's just pop and his tail will go to spinning.  the hunt all over then.
first time Jackie saw me chase one down and kill it, she almost paniced. ;D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Heh, heh….  Reminds me. Uncle Tommy would kill a chicken. He’d drop a bushel basket on the thing. Let it get a little frustrated then he’d lift up an edge. When the clucker stuck its head out he’d sit on the basket.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
tell him to go down to the farm supply store and pick up a have a heart trap and get ya a spoonful of peanut butter, he'll have him trapped alive by morning,

now Slim with that possum,  ya just gotta grab em by the tail and swing em one big time and against the ground, he'll sull up then act like he's dead,   my granny taught me how to do that by the time I was 6 years old.  ;D  then she'd take a good stout limb and put it over his neck, stand on each side of his head on the stick and pull on the tail, it's just pop and his tail will go to spinning.  the hunt all over then.

OT
     The coons around here are nasty BIG devils.  A couple years back one put a serious hurt on our dog.  Took a chunk outta the side of her head that took weeks to heel an antibiotic shots from the local feed store.  I don't know that I'd want to capture one alive  ::) 
     I bet your lady really did have quite a sperience watchin you take that possum like that   ;D I can jus piture Lil in the same situation.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I know them coons can be mean, when I was in my mid 20's, I had two big Blue Tick coon hounds. couple of friends and thier dogs would go hunting at least twice a week,  I've seen a 20 pound coon almost drown a dog,  my dogs were always bit somewhere, we'd keep a vial of antibotics in the refriderator at home if was real messy.

does anybody remember Jerry Clower and his coon hunting stories on raidio back in the 70's ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:

Slim

Glad it was only an opossum.   :o :o

OT, this conversation reminds me of the book "Where the Red Fern Grows".  Our teacher read it to us in the 4th grade.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Glad it was only an opossum.   :o :o

OT, this conversation reminds me of the book "Where the Red Fern Grows".  Our teacher read it to us in the 4th grade.

did you ever see the movie,  a good part of it was filmed over by Tahlequah, Oklahoma,  we had them red ferns all over the place over there. ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
I think we watched it after the teacher finished reading the book.  Wasn't it a Disney movie?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Glad it was only an opossum.   :o :o

Guess we were behind you Trinity.  For us it was fith grade--that an Johnny Tremain.  
     The teacher was a big man with a rep for bein a hardass.  I'll never forget seein that man cry when he read the last chapter.  
Several of the other students also got a little weepy--can't remember but I may have been one of em.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Knock Him out, John.  Just shoot up here amongst us, one of us gots to have some relief.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning ya'll

Got me some good ole fashioned breakfast supply

Eggs, Bacon, sausage and there are some pears and apples on table for those who want some fruit.

Texas toast is in the oven.

Good thing I ran 6 miles yesterday!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin’, y’all.

Gottah get up. Coffee, black. Couple boilt eggs – can’t have no salt no more. 2% fat cheese melted inta some high fiber toast.

Long day ahead.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee P.R.

What are you doin up do early Cuzzin Arcey?  ???
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Things ta do ‘n places ta go. Wanted ta get me out the way of the wimmen before they woke up. When they leave fer school I’ll get ta the shower then ta werk.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks fer the Coffee

30 degrees with winter storm warnings up this morning for tonight, 3 to 7 inches of snow is what they are calling for.  you know that's just what we need  ::) ::) 

guess we'll make a grocery run to town, get some fixin's, get something good cooked up. ;D  that's one of the best things about a bad spell,  good food cooking.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Rain is also relaxing.
I completely agree.  Sittin' on the porch in the rain is just great.

The better-half called me at verk today and wanted ta know where the shotgun shells were. :o There was a 'possum in the yard that the dog was barking at. When I got home I threw the disemboweled 'possum in the burner.  ::) I then showed her how ta use the Remington #4 rolling block .22LR.
Slim
Your taking all the fun outta shootin' the varmint. >:(  Especially when she don't have to clean up after. ;D ;)
OT, this conversation reminds me of the book "Where the Red Fern Grows".  Our teacher read it to us in the 4th grade.
I was thinking of Disney movie of the same name.  Probably based on the book.
I think we watched it after the teacher finished reading the book.  Wasn't it a Disney movie?
Yup.  (I'd typed my answer above before I read your responce)  

Thanks for the Coffee and grub.  Y'all have a nice day.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub.

I've caught a few coons (and cats) in live traps. I then shoot 'em the unsporting way. Ya stick the barrel 'tween the bars and when the coon bites the barrel ya squeeze the trigger.  ;)

Most the time by the time I get to a 'possum it is playing dead 'cuz the dog has "played" with it first. My better-half would have a hard time doing what ya described. I dropped a cement block on one once. The in-laws deceased dog hated 'em and would grab 'em by the neck and crunch it then the tail would go ta spinning.

'Tis 11° and sunny. High of 20°. Got a dusting of sn*w overnight.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com