Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297171 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3520 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:04 AM »
My opinion ‘n it’s werth what’s paid for it – nothin’………………

Newman ain’t in a good position. He ain’t got much of a fan base. He ain’t all that talented. Most of what he’s won o’er the years he won like he did recently in Indiana – right place at the right time when someone else fouled up. The majority of the others were on mileage ‘n while I’ll always argue that’s a perfectly legit way to win a race, the crew deserves more credit than the driver in those cases.

There’s nothin’ there a cubic dollar sponsor’s lookin’ for. They want personality ‘n domination.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3521 on: August 27, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
Well yea...he's quiet and unassuming,
 I think he goes to FR ...there is just bad timing for him to go to RCR unless it's a one year deal...
I think Childress will go with youth, and Larson is talent , green but talent non the same...then there are the grand kids.

Maybe MWR will add a 4th. car ...but I don't see it happening in 2014....

JPM is out of Stock cars , he will be in Sports cars & Indy  JMHO
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3522 on: August 27, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
Montoya has had most of his success in open wheel, and not stock cars.Newman would be a good fit for FR.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3523 on: Today at 10:54:56 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3524 on: August 28, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
Arcey, RGIII is like having a Ferrari in your garage, and not driving it. He is ready to play.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3525 on: August 29, 2013, 06:49:25 AM »
He’s ready then he’s ready. Play ‘im.

My want for the year is a winnin’ season, the second round of the play offs with as many healthy players as possible.

Another topic:

Admittedly, I ain’t no supporter of the boy. Honestly, ain’t bein’ nasty. But bein’ as objective as I can be………………………… It looks like Johnson married Michael Jackson……

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3526 on: August 29, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »
Sorenson was 19 ‘n had a couple second tier wins in ‘05. 20 when Ganassi stuck ‘im inna cup car. Stayed in it for the ’06, ’07 ‘n ’08 seasons without a win. When he was terminated, Sabates said ‘e ‘n Ganassi had determined Sorenson wasn’t gonna get no better.

’06 Ganassi had two full season drivers. No wins, one top five. The top five was Sorenson’s.

’07  Three drivers. One sat out the road courses. Montoya won a road thing. He ‘n Sorenson were two positions apart in the final standings, in the twenties.

’08 Two drivers. No wins. Again, just behind Montoya in points. Both slipped deeper in the twenties.

Kinda thinkin’ ole Chip shoulda looked it ‘is equipment rather‘n the kid. When he was terminated, Sabates said ‘e ‘n Ganassi had determined Sorenson wasn’t gonna get no better. The boy’s had junk ta drive ever since. Kinda got burnt.

Rumor has it they’re movin’ Larson up to the 42. He’s 21 ‘n has potential. He’s won a truck race. An added feature for NASCAR, he’s in their diversity program. Patrick ‘n Almirola ain’t hittin’ on nothin’ in cup ‘cept souvenir ‘n ticket sales for ‘er.

Wunner if after three full seasons ‘n he’s runnin’ right with McMurray in standin’s if Sabates’ll tell the werld he’s as good as he’s gonna get ‘n fire ‘im too.

Just fer giggles, McMurray’s in his fouth full season with ‘em the second time 'round. Three wins the first year none since. Stellar end-of-year results of 14th, 27th, 21st ‘n 16th.

That’s racin’......................................

Droppin’ out the sports writer mode ‘n goin’ back ta KP.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3527 on: August 30, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »
it's Kyle Larson to the 42, I'd bet that was the plan when they dumped JPM from the beginning ...

So that pretty much seals the deal... Newman to Furniture Row or retire to be a sub or ?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3528 on: August 30, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
I just hope that Newman gets good ride, he has a degree in engineering and I think he would be a lot of help in R and D.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3529 on: August 30, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
Well Tony could retire and just be the Boss , and Newman gets the 14  :D  YEAH Right !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3530 on: August 30, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
FR is self-sponsored. Don’t think they’re wantin’ someone with a part time, low buck sponsor. Thinkin’ they’re lookin’ for someone younger with more potential than Newman.

Ain’t seen nothin’ on Scott, sponsor or driver, in cup. His NNS cars ain’t the best but they’re solid ‘n capable of pullin’ one off now ‘n again if things go right. Newman’s said he wants someone who wants him for him ‘n not another motive. Maybe a good deal for both.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3531 on: August 31, 2013, 05:43:02 AM »
Could be.... Newman's maybe a better engineer than driver and would be an asset to Turner Scott Motorsports/ Phoenix Racing

Though I think Scott tapped Justin Allgaier to step up to the Cup ride

Maybe they'd run Newman in the 2nd test mule... :-\

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3532 on: August 31, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »
Admittedly, I ain’t no supporter of the boy. Honestly, ain’t bein’ nasty. But bein’ as objective as I can be………………………… It looks like Johnson married Michael Jackson……

this is amazing....what really amazes is what were you thinking about when you noticed the resemblence
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3533 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:02 AM »
Michael Jackson always wanted to be white instead of black. He did everything possible to lighten his skin tone.  I would not worry about Johnson's old lady unless she starts wearing lame socks and wearing one silver lame glove.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3534 on: August 31, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
It looks like TRD engine woes has reared it's ugly he'd again.  Vickers lost an engine yesterday and Hamlin lost one today. The Fords are fast, and Atlanta was a Ford track when Awesome Bill was King there in the 80s.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3535 on: August 31, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »

this is amazing....what really amazes is what were you thinking about when you noticed the resemblence

Apart from the face there ain’t much ta look at. It’s kinda obvious. Sunken cheeks, nose job 'n a big mouth.

Only in American could a cute black boy like Michael grow up to be an ugly old white woman…..

Hadn’t read Scott was bringin’ the guy with the name I can’t spell up. Be a good move.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3536 on: August 31, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
KB has lost the handling on his car, he has gone from first to fourth.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3537 on: September 01, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
Harvick managed to keep KB at bay, and held on to win the Nationwide race at Atlanta last night. I think that Hornish still has the points lead over Dillion.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3538 on: September 01, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
The late ServiceMaster Clean caution made it a race. Whoever nails the restart wins it, advantage Harvick.

The dreaded aero again. I’m not an engineer but I’ll keep bangin’ my own drum – they can hang anything they wanna hang on the bodies ‘n it won’t help. Nothing thru three generations of cars has changed a thing. Take all that crap off, choke ‘em down a hundred and fifty horsepower.  Drastically cut the lift ‘n duration of the cams ‘n valve size, they’ll slow up inna hurry. Easy ‘nuff for even a NASCAR inspector to police.  We’d see some racin’ then. As well, we’d see who can ‘n who can’t drive a loose car.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3539 on: September 01, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »
Hamlin admitted that their egine specs were different from KB and Kenseth. TRD seems to be shooting themselves in  the foot lately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com