Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1296957 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3460 on: August 13, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Racer Bobby Dale Earnhardt apologized to fans, friends and family on Tuesday following his arrest in West Virginia on a drunken driving charge.

``I wanted to let you all know I made a terrible mistake last night drinking and driving and I am thankful nothing bad happened from my stupidity and I know It could have,'' Earnhardt wrote in a post on his Facebook page.

``I'm sorry for letting all my fans friends and family down,'' said Earnhardt.

The 25-year-old is the son of Kerry Earnhardt, nephew of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and grandson of NASCAR Hall of Fame member Dale Earnhardt.

Earnhardt said that he hopes he can ``make it up to each and everyone of you and in the future be a good role model.''

A Charleston police officer pulled Earnhardt's vehicle over Monday night after seeing it make a wide left turn at a high rate of speed, with the tires squealing through the turn. Earnhardt was charged with first-offense driving under the influence, a misdemeanor, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Earnhardt's eyes were glassy and his speech was slurred, and there was an odor of alcohol inside the vehicle, Cpl. R.C. Basford wrote in the complaint.

Earnhardt's blood alcohol level was .193, more than twice West Virginia's legal limit to drive of .08. He told Basford that he had had two shots of liquor at a local bar, according to the complaint.

He spent the night in the South Central Regional Jail and was released Tuesday morning following an arraignment.

If convicted, he faces up to six months in jail and a maximum $500 fine.

Earnhardt moved to Charleston from Rockingham, N.C., recently as part of a plan to gain driving experience and eventually compete in NASCAR races. He plans to race in the 2013 ARCA Truck Series, according to his website.

Earnhardt said in his Facebook post that he plans to move forward with his racing career.

---
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3461 on: August 13, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
‘He told Basford that he had had two shots of liquor at a local bar, according to the complaint.’

Where have I heard that before?

If y’all ain’t read it yet, Vickers ‘n MWR have a two year deal ta stick the boy in the 55 full time. Happy for ya, Brian. Do sumthin’ with it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3462 on: August 13, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
and Montoya is out of the 42 .... My guess he's in a Indy Car for Chip Ganassi
maybe Daytona Prototype/ La Patite' Lemans as well...

Who get the 42 ? .... Kurt Busch or Newman ( or dark horse Kyle Larson )

I think the open seat at Childress goes to nepotism
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3463 on: Today at 10:06:04 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3463 on: August 14, 2013, 12:43:36 AM »
The "silly season" has started. I am happy for Vickers. He deserved the 55 ride full -time. I would like to see Newman in the 42 ride.  Montoya needs a change of scenery. I am sorry to hear about Kerry's son's DWI.   .19 is drunk, I am glad that no accident occurred and no one was injured or killed. He deserves a second chance. Arcey and I have heard all the drunk excuses.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3464 on: August 14, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
Gotta admit I didn’t see that comin’. Figgered Montoya was kinda gonna be a fixture in the 42 ‘til he got tired of it. Ganassi ain’t exactly projected an image of wantin’ serious contenders inna good while. Really didn’t give it much thought.

Tiz prime time for the game of Musical ButlerBuilts.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3465 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »
The Cawffee and hot water is ready for drinking this morning. We finally got some well deserved rain last night. I am  thankful for what we got. It is somewhat cooler this morning. Moose is off to school to finish cleaning out her room at her former school. I am on my second cup of Cawffee, some toast will come later.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3466 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
TLD,I thought we only drank Beer on this thread.. ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3467 on: August 14, 2013, 03:45:44 PM »
TLD,I thought we only drank Beer on this thread.. ;D ;D

or mint tea ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3468 on: August 14, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
Major, I had a Senior moment this morning when I posted that.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3469 on: August 15, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
I just read where Austin Dillion will sub for Tony Stewart At MIS this weekend.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3470 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »
Wonder what the deal is with that. It’s not a companion event. He’ll have to be in Ohio ‘n Michigan on consecutive days. Only 3 points in front of Hornish in NWS points. Needs the reps on road courses where he ain’t that good. Ain’t won a NWS race this year.

Smith has plenty of cup experience. Was talk of with him takin’ it over while Tony-the-Sprint-Car-Gymnast heals up. Cleared thru the thief ‘n everyone involved is in that cabal anyway.

Childress musta thrown a sweet deal.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3471 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
I am sure some wheels got greased.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3472 on: August 16, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
Rumor is Kurt is headed to the 42 ....  Still think its Newman though....something in the Childress Grand-kid in the 14 ....Then do the solid for Smoke's buddy Ryan.   Win Win all around.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3473 on: August 16, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »
Could be. Just gotta wonder if Target'd want someone with his 'wunderful' personality.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3474 on: August 17, 2013, 05:33:45 AM »
Sliced Bread the pole for MIS, another notch for Ford. Them Fords run good at Michigan.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3475 on: August 17, 2013, 06:59:41 AM »
Furniture Row right there beside him.... those guys continue to roll.

But yeah ..Arcey  that's why I think there is a Childress-Dillon-Newman-Stewart thing going on.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3476 on: August 17, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
Reckon it could be so, M2. Childress is losin’ the InBev cash. Newman ain’t got much ta offer ta replace that but he’s got sumthin’. There’s the Bass Pro connection twix Haas ‘n Childress.

Furniture Row has cut from the thiefdom ‘n aligned with RCR but Busch the elder wants sumthin’ better. Ganassi ain’t no better. The advantage FR has is they ain’t lookin’ for a sponsor.

I have reached the conclusion that I’m flat outta guesses. Bring on the rodeo clowns.......

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3477 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »
What Arcey said!,
 ;D

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3478 on: August 17, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »
10/4 .... I just seem to think " the what if's "

Eventually, Childless wants the grand kids , Austin & Ty. 
I figure JPM in a Indy run next May, maybe a run for the combined
American Le mans/ Grand Am series under the Ganassi flag.

I doubt, Larson will get the ride in 2014, but stranger things have happened ....

Furniture Row has their Hero, and he is both rising to & relishing the position,  he is showing "He" & his talent are capable.
It an opinion he does not share alone.

Now what if FR added a 2nd car.... Found some additional funding and sorta MWR it ????
How's that for out there ?.... :)
More development platforms for Hendricks

Furniture Row  2nd Car hmmmm.... Newman ?  or maybe even Mark Martin

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3479 on: August 17, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
it's a possibility!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com