Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297172 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3300 on: May 16, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »
just reading that NASCAR driver Dick Trickle has ended his own life today.   RIP
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3301 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
Sick was one of the all-time great  short track drivers. He got into Cup late in his career. He willed by missed.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3302 on: May 16, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
Suicides are difficult for families and friends to deal with. My thoughts and prayers for their strength and comfort.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3303 on: Today at 11:09:40 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3303 on: May 16, 2013, 09:30:57 PM »
There always a lot of unanswered questions in a suicide..
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3304 on: May 17, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
There saying he has been sick for sometime now
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #3305 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:47 PM »
Sad news. Being a Wisconsinite, I've heard a lot about his exploits.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3306 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:45 PM »
Sick was a legend in short track racing, especially AS A, he raced against Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3307 on: May 18, 2013, 05:33:03 AM »
very sad  :(  it reminded me of Peter Gregg

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3308 on: May 18, 2013, 06:54:58 AM »
Happy ta see the gas can stuck in the truck yestitty evenin’ Hadn’t been for that it wouldn’t have been much of a race.

Hope the rain holds off this evenin’. Should be fun. NASCAR’s even changed the fan-vote rules so the female gimmick can get in the big show.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3309 on: May 18, 2013, 07:43:48 AM »
CHECKERS OR WRECKERS TONIGHT! The fabricators will be busy for the next month or so.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3310 on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
If I had a nickle for every goofy commercial..............................

What the heck. Keeps it off pay-per-view.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3311 on: May 19, 2013, 12:31:31 AM »
Not as many wrecks as I predicted.  I hated to hear that five time won the biggie.  24 finished out of the top ten.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3312 on: May 19, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »
The noise from Concord went past my curfew
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3313 on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:48 AM »
Mine too... glad it did .... Impressed with Kurt though, he's gonna put Furniture Row Racing in Victory lane soon.
5 time is star crossed , I mean put him, Knaus , Hendrick's deep pockets together and you had the dynasty.

But it is also not the best thing, it will make for yawner's .... I remember how Bruce McLaren dominated Can Am.
 The Bruce & Denny show was one of the nails in Can Am's coffin.
I went to several, and we would bet on & root for 3 place  ::)  then Mark & Penski with the 917 panzer Porsche... fun to watch but it was a given , and the Can Am was killed off.  :(

Even Indy, is not the Show it was....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3314 on: May 19, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »
Mine too... glad it did .... Impressed with Kurt though, he's gonna put Furniture Row Racing in Victory lane soon.
5 time is star crossed , I mean put him, Knaus , Hendrick's deep pockets together and you had the dynasty.

But it is also not the best thing, it will make for yawner's .... I remember how Bruce McLaren dominated Can Am.
 The Bruce & Denny show was one of the nails in Can Am's coffin.
I went to several, and we would bet on & root for 3 place  ::)  then Mark & Penski with the 917 panzer Porsche... fun to watch but it was a given , and the Can Am was killed off.  :(

Even Indy, is not the Show it was....

Indy is not like it was when we were younger. They are more about the show like the Kentucky Derby. Bring on the rich and famous not the fast and fastest
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3315 on: May 19, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
T’was a stinker.

NASCAR gets their panties inna wad when anyone clearly sez it but it couldn’t been more apparent restartin’ on the front row is, has been ‘n it’s gonna stay key ta winnin’ inta the foreseeable future on this ‘n similar facilities. Run the freakin' all star thing it Bristol.

Good ta see Patrick took advantage of the fan vote. She beat two. Flat out run ‘em while they were sittin’ in the garage with busted cars. She’s gotta load of talent ‘n she’s learnin’.

Indianapolis began a slow death when the life was choked outta the turbines.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3316 on: May 19, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »

Indy is not like it was when we were younger. They are more about the show like the Kentucky Derby. Bring on the rich and famous not the fast and fastest
......Can not agree more...."Gen whatever regs" keep it in NASCAR control as "stock" was removed from "stock car" years ago....Dodge was King last year but not in the show at all this year and the Yota's have made huge progress....no real "dynasties" in NASCAR...just talent and teamwork firing on ALL cylinders replacing weak parts as needed BEFORE they break...... ;)

The "haters" despise what they can not achieve for themselves.. just sad..... ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

5-time is now 4-time All Star champ

Back-in-the-day I call the 48 "Crash Johnson"...I'm humble enough to eat my words.. :D  :D  :D  The team walks thier talk.... ;)

A lot of beat'n & bang'n with no one run'd over...jus good race'n...Toad sure put out the whine'n  :D  :D  :D
JR is the 7th All Star and that's good enuf for me.... 8)
GO 88

;D

Next race... Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway as the trucks have off next weekend... 8)  8)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3317 on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
I am surprised that Nascar let the team's work on their cars on pit row during the break. That was a no-no in the past.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3318 on: May 25, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »
Few years ago, JGR was bustin’ ever’bodys chops in Nationwide ‘n NASCAR choked down all the Toyotas. Busch thanked ‘em on national TV sayin’ takin’ the power helped him win a road course race. Wearin’ ‘em out like he’s doin’ after Logano’s runs last year I’m thinkin’ NASCAR's prolly an eighth of an inch from chokin’ ‘em down again.

Logano’d won three to this point last year. Busch has six so far. Only grace today was him playin' with Kahne at the end......

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3319 on: May 26, 2013, 03:59:26 AM »
Putting Matt in the #20 this year helped both Matt and JGR.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com