Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1293404 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3200 on: April 24, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »
One connecting rod was a 1/10th of an once off. I’d understand all eight but one? Whoever went over those things before assembly shoulda caught that. Oh well. It’s up to the star chamber from here.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3201 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
That 20 has been too fast this year. Hendrick does not like that. Nascar is trying to give first-time and wonder wimp every advantage.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3202 on: April 25, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »
'Yota's and Fords have gotten into trouble so far, nothing on the Chevies. Just seems kinda odd ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3203 on: Today at 03:39:22 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3203 on: April 25, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »
That sounds a little nit picking on Nascar `s part. I do not think that they should penalize the driver.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3204 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »
That sounds a little nit picking on Nascar `s part. I do not think that they should penalize the driver.

I would think Toyota engineering should pay for the points and fines

Love a Ford ;)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3205 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »
Roo, My Dad was always a Ford man. He loved the flat heads . He built me a 53 Merc engine for an old 52 Ford 2 door wagon I had. He put Offenhauser heads and a Wieand  2 carb manifold. It looked like crap but it ran like a bandit.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3206 on: April 25, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
Roo, My Dad was always a Ford man. He loved the flat heads . He built me a 53 Merc engine for an old 52 Ford 2 door wagon I had. He put Offenhauser heads and a Wieand  2 carb manifold. It looked like crap but it ran like a bandit.

I had a 53 with he V8 Flat head  I didn't need to go to the gym and work out, driving it was a chore. It sure run good though. I always wanted to duel carb it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3207 on: April 25, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »
TRD got a bad batch of rods. Explains the vibrations some of the drivers complained about. Just wonder how they missed the weight disparity when they were balancin' the parts.

The Holdens’ll get caught in time. With the exception of Johnson they ain’t been real impressive. Steward’s been nothin’ less than embarrassin', kinda lookin’ like Jeff Green’s back in the Haas car. After someone else wins a couple more maybe.

This thing's been sittin’ there in Wakefield on the way to the range for some time. Finally remembered to pull over ‘n shoot it. Looks like the stuff in my father’s pictures when he ‘n uncle Tommy had ’97 ‘n runnin’ Chinese Corner ‘n South Boston.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3208 on: April 25, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
ouiiiii that's built for hauling shine

I don't know about driving but this ole' boy will stick his face on anything for money..... my wife says they are selling them as fast as they get off the truck.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3209 on: April 26, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
He may not be as good a driver as his Dad was, but he's a good promoter/salesman ::)

I've been a blue oval guy from when I started driving. This last batch of vehicles aren't blue ovals though. One black oval and a blue oval collaborator. The blue oval just didn't have what I had in mind this time ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3210 on: April 26, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Ya need to grab all ya can get yer hands on. Inna short while you’ll be able to finance your retirement by selling the unopened bags on e-Bay.

The KFC autograph/collector series buckets YouTube vid's are still funny as heck. Based in truth.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3211 on: April 26, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »
Ya need to grab all ya can get yer hands on. Inna short while you’ll be able to finance your retirement by selling the unopened bags on e-Bay.

The KFC autograph/collector series buckets YouTube vid's are still funny as heck. Based in truth.

I'm invested too deeply in Genuine Twinkies

ya can't hate number 8
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3212 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »
I'm holdin' out for unopened cans of Billy Beer.........................

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3213 on: April 26, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
Arcey,Best you might find is a 6 pack with 5 unopened cans,I don't know anyone who drank more than a couple sips of the first one they opened.Stuff was NASTY
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3214 on: April 26, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »
I will agree with the Major on Billy beer. It was nasty tasting.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3215 on: April 26, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »
Hadda can, unopened, durin' the dark Carter years. Think I threw it away when we moved.

All the fun 'n games with the 20 didn't seem ta hurt the team's performance much. Pole.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3216 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
They needed to prove to the folks that the personalities are not going to let them lose focus.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3217 on: April 27, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »
The next 3 races will be enjoyable
Mathew 5.9

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3218 on: April 27, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
;D  ;D RACE DAY!  ;D  ;D

Lots of fun stuff happen'n in the absence...lot of funny stuff written too....nothing to comment 'bout 'cept the connecting rod thing.... ???.... ???...
That's Quality Control Coursework 100... super basic.... right with the micrometer...  imagine someone is clean'n toilets on a planet far far away.... :-\  :-\  :-\ ...
Huge fines & penalties as the Fat Lady Sing'n now...WOW!....Where's that guy at call'n Gibbs a "cheat'n thief"...???

Check out that former "Mile High" Race Team driver Regan Smith finish'n 5th in the JRM #7 with Sadler right behind him last night!
NICE!
......Mr Hornish ought not get too comfortable in that points lead... 8)  8)

GO 88
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3219 on: April 28, 2013, 06:41:21 AM »
Jarvik should be happy with the Richmond win. It was the first win of the year for RCR. Congrats to WW and  five time for finishing out of the top 10. I hope that five time will not be thr points leader for much longer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com