Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297059 times)

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1660 on: June 19, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »
A splitter nor a spoiler can be accurately described as a wing. Neither has a potential for lift or flipped upside down downforce. They can be more accurately described as trim tabs.

A spoiler disturbs the air flow across the surface it's attached to. Hence the term 'spoiler. A splitter's purpose is to direct the air rather than disturb it. They're not the same thing, never have been, never will be.

OMG.....  You're SOOoooo SMART!!   :o  :o
Myself, Mr. Tanner, Open Wheel Racers, Wind Tunnel Engineers: We are all just BUTT STUPID....   ???   Do Tell Us More!

HEH, Heh, heh....yah    ::)  ::)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1661 on: June 19, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
Hamlin pulled it out of his butt for the win.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1662 on: June 19, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
Hamlin just got off pit row first and the 17 Ford Fusion car gave him a run for the money... got sidways...  hung on for first loser...   :o  .....  All the cautions at the end threw the fuel game out the window...   ::)

OHhhh JR....  that's race'n....   :-\  Just dang sorry that it was the ol' Guy team-mate.....   :-\  :-\  One thing 'bout Mark Martin is that it was NOT done on purpose...   ;) .....  It's JUST racing.... :(

Next weekend is Road Course weekend: Sprint Cup CA.. Nationwide WI ..  wonder who'll be taken the "Red Eyes" back'n forth?... ???

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Advertising

« Reply #1663 on: Today at 04:10:13 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1663 on: June 19, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
OMG.....  You're SOOoooo SMART!!   :o  :o
Myself, Mr. Tanner, Open Wheel Racers, Wind Tunnel Engineers: We are all just BUTT STUPID....   ???   Do Tell Us More!

HEH, Heh, heh....yah    ::)  ::)

Ain't no more ta tell. Just admitted ta ma ignorance.  Baleive I humbly thanked ya and mentioned that I was mistaken.  I don't follow BMWs a Mercedes.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1664 on: June 19, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
Ain't no more ta tell. Just admitted ta ma ignorance.  Baleive I humbly thanked ya and mentioned that I was mistaken.  I don't follow BMWs a Mercedes.

Meant NO Offense to you Mr. Tanner, on the contrary I'm in agreement with you about this "Wing Thing" if ya properly read:
I myself, like you, grew up just calling them "wings" because that was exactly what they are to do exactly what ya said they do.... push / stick that part of the vehicle down to the ground...   :o  :o    Somewheres along the line of time they've become "spoilers"....   ???  

Now because these wings are on the front some folks want to force the term "splitter" down our throats 'cause NASCAR has coin'd ( I Think, maybe wrong) the term for the front wing....  :-\  :-\

These wings / splitters / spoilers have been used on the front end of the "Open Wheel'rs" long before NASCAR took "stock" outa stock car!   :D  :D

It's all a matter of terminology regardless of the vehicle manufacture and the location of these "spoilers-vortex generator-splitter-what ever" to create a composite of wings to make  the Whole Vehicle a WING!  There will be a high pressure side and a low pressure side... lift or down force... depends how the wing is configured

It's all about low drag and down-force in car racing!

I Humbly apologize to you Mr. Leo Tanner if you took offense by me including you with myself as a response to RC's quote......

PS....  This whole thing is getting outta hand...  I shall make no further comment on this "wing" matter....   :-X

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1665 on: June 20, 2011, 04:31:25 AM »
I got to see my first Nascar race in 1963, The Daytona 500. We got free tickets when we had the parts store and sold products that were used by the teams. My Dad was Service Manager at our local Ford dealership from 53 to 57. He was a Ford man. He thought that Ford only built one good engine, The flathead. We had auto related busineses until 1970, when he was elected Sheriff, which he served for almost 8 years. He passed away in 78.  We had a parts store, a body shop, a radiator shop, a garage, and a battery-electric shop. We had a Sprint car in 1950(powered by a flathead), we sponsored Cars, and I did some Drag racing in the Stock classes in the middle to late 60s. We also attended the Indy 500 in the 50s and late 60s. We got free tickets for the race as well. We had some long drives to Florida and Indianapolis from the Texas Panhandle. I grew up in garages and my Dad learned to be a mechanic by working on Model Ts as a kid in the 20s and 30s. He came home after WW2 and opened his first garage. He was always a mechanic and a Ford man. It really hurt his feelings when I bought my first car, a 56 Chevy BelAir 2dr Ht.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1666 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:17 AM »
The old man had modifieds with flatheads. My first was a '55 Chevrolet, 2 door sedan.

Decent race for Michigan yestitty. The last caution made it what is was by clumpin' it all up. Damned if Kenseth didn't try ta get 'nother one.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1667 on: June 20, 2011, 08:25:14 AM »
Dad's first business after he returned from WW2 was a wrecking yard and operating the only wrecker service in town. He built his first wrecker out of a 38 Ford car with a hand crank winch.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1668 on: June 25, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
Really GOOD STUFF there Texas Lawdog...... I do like reading/hear'n of family history of the ol' days and how dynamic your Pa was.  He sounds like an awesomely talented fella...   ;)  ;)  ;)

Cuz Carl seemed to be the only fella to go "Red Eye'n" then decided to stay in Sonoma....  A Wise Move IMHO!   8)

JR & Mark Martin are friends again for I had no doubt that would be the case....   8).... Tough News for Brian Vickers..... I hope he lands on his feet with a competive team....   ;)

Putz'n make'n lead bricks for future lead-heads 'till Nationwide at Road America in mid-afternoon...  ;D  ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1669 on: June 25, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
Yep, He was a true mechanic. If he couldn't find a part, he could make it. I lost him too early to Cancer at age 59. He wound up being a purty fair investigator, for someone who had never been a cop before. He was my best man at my wedding and he helped initiate me into the Masons.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1670 on: June 25, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
I had not heard about the Red Bull team in NASCAR. I heard that they were cutting back in their Air Race sponsorships. I hate to see 2 of the Toyos not competing next year.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1671 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:45 PM »
Lee White is tryijn' to keep whoever ends up with it with Toyota. If anyone ends up with it. The rumors started almost at the start of the season. There's too many to mention.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1672 on: June 25, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »
Interesting race and interesting finish for the Nationwide boys at Road America.... Fuel Milage and then: The Ringers....  HEH Heh heh  yah...   ::)

Congrats Reed Sorenson!.....  Ricky Stenhouse Jr 8th

Sonoma tomorrow...   ;D  ;D  ;D

GO 88
He's gotta get a win and maybe a goofy road course is it...   ???

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1673 on: June 26, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Cool race today and Kurt Busch's first Road Course WIN...  8)   Kinda Bristol like of old but Far More Excite'n than Bristol now for sure....  ;)  the Lefts and Rights was very entertaining today as Vickers and Fat Tony just cracked me up {and a few others}....   :D  :D  :D  Really sorry to see Jr finish 41st with a raddooo hole'n up and killing his motor short of half-way....   :-\

Next week Daytona night races...  Nationwide Friday then Sprint following night!!   :)  :)  :)

GO 88

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1674 on: June 27, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
That 22 car is doing better than expected this year. The 2 isn't. I'm not a big Ski fan. He ain't paid his dues as of yet, been too many of his press clippings. I would like to see Cuzzin Carl win the Cup this year and dethrone 5 Time. June Bug has a bunch of bad Karma, maybe he needs to make a change. Him and HMS has been a hit or miss relationship since he came there.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1675 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Right nice weekend. Enjoyed both shows. Didn't watch either. Read the articles the next mornin' 'n watched the 'fun' stuff on youtube.

Busy Saturday comin'. Shootin' morn 'til afternoon, 'Nuff time ta get back here, take a shower 'n grab a bite 'n watch the race.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1676 on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »
I'm gonna set the DVR for the races on the weekend.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1677 on: July 01, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
Heh, heh, heh........

Delana ain't won one since Daytona last time in NNS racin'. She's loaded for bear. Stewart, Harvick, Bowyer 'n Sadler.......

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1678 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
I wonder if she's gonna wear 4 different driving suits.   Arcey,  I bought one of those little laptops today, so far so good.  The keyboard is a little small for my big hands.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1679 on: July 02, 2011, 05:00:36 AM »
Wearin' accountant's attire while she figgers up the damage?

Bet yer gonna like the computer, Tex. The netbook I picked up has been awful handy. Sorry I didn't get one earlier. Got used to the tiny keyboard but then this'n on the desk top feels so nice when ya get back to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com