Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1293408 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1400 on: November 22, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »
The ‘Skins managed another one – in OT. Better record than last season already. Hopin’ for .500. Still possible.

Saw Favre on a presser. The boy looks old, tired ‘n beat up. Maybe the ‘Skins will have somethin’ for ‘em next week.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1401 on: November 22, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
Saw a new show last night, you'll either love it or hate it.  Top Gear.  They test run all kinds of cars but the idiots don't wear helmets or any other safety gear.  It was fun to watch but I couldn't believe how careless they was bein.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: November 22, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
Leo, Those folks are from England and apparently don't need Helmets.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1403 on: Today at 03:45:26 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1403 on: February 06, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
Good Luck to Slim's Packers today, but I think Leo's Steelers will win. I ain't be a Steelers fan since they bet Staubach in the Super Bowl, back when Bradshaw was still playing.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #1404 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
We'll see who wants it more.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1405 on: February 06, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
Local Morning DJ called it Cheese heads 41 steelers 6
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1406 on: February 06, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »
I hope he is right. Go Pack!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1407 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
Roo your DJ must have rocks in his head.  They are guessin a close, epic game.  Barring injuries to key players my dad and I agree the Steelers have it.  We'll see what happens.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1408 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
Two touchdowns in 24 seconds! Go Packers!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1409 on: February 06, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »
Maybe I underestimated Roo's DJ. 

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1410 on: February 07, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »
It's hard to win a game when a team gives the other team 21 points on turnovers. It was a hard hitting game with serious injuries on both teams. It would ge great to have these two teams meet again in next year's Super Bowl in Indy. The weather up there next year could be a repeat of this year's.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1411 on: February 07, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »
The second half was definitely an improvement but too little too late.  They were all pretty tough  and both teams deserved to be there.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1412 on: February 08, 2011, 06:15:19 AM »
Leo, I know the Steelers took this loss pretty hard, expecially Big Ben. It's time to start preparing to get back next year.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1413 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:12 AM »
Thought this was amuzin...the whole tree fallin in the woods thing.

The fans inside Cowboys Stadium for Super Bowl XLV had as good a view of the flyover by four F-18 fighter jets as those watching at home. With the roof closed on Jerry Jones' $1.2 billion stadium, people in attendance were forced to watch the flyover on the massive high-def screens inside.

A Dallas TV reporter estimated that the flyover cost the Navy a total of $450,000. His total includes gas, operational costs and air time for the four F-18s, which traveled from Virginia to Texas for the event. The Navy told CNBC that its official records only tallies the amount spent on gas, which came out to $109,000 for the Super Bowl flights.

Even if we call it somewhere in between, the Navy still spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money for a few seconds of camera time. It's like an old riddle: If four planes fly over a stadium and nobody insides sees, is it worth the cost?

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1414 on: February 12, 2011, 02:40:36 AM »
Leo, Those folks are from England and apparently don't need Helmets.

They don't need cold beer either
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1415 on: February 12, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »
They were Oceana jets.

There were thousands of folks outside the stadium. As I understand it they could see the big screen from where they were ‘n bein’ outside they saw ‘em.

What the ‘OMG!!!! They’re wasting' my tax money!!!!’, articles never point out is the pilots are required to fly so many hours cross-country every year. Might as well fly from here to Texas ‘n get a l’il PR while you’re at it.

Oceana jets did a fly over at a race too. It may have been a Texas race, I don’t remember.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #1416 on: February 12, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
It's back Race Fans!!!!!!!!......  Long awaited for by myself through the Football Play-Offs to end and start Daytona Week!!!!!

The Cheese-Heads are the Kings of the 2010 Super Bowl season and it's now time for DW to say:

Boogity Boogity Boogity Let's GO RACE'n Boys!!!

Gotta big pile of wood blocks to split up for the month's burn and then I'll be settle'n down with a pack of "Big Buds" this evening to kick it off with the Shootout!

Don't know if this event is big enuf to have those "Oceana Navy Fly-Boys" throttle up another half-million buckz over Daytona area but I'm DAMN SURE they'll be there NEXT SUNDAY!     ;D

Sunday's are NOW..........RACE DAY.........   :)  :)  :)  ;)

Yeti76620

My interest this year is to see if JR's new diggs with the Champion Jimmy Johnson awakens JR to be the driver he really is???
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1417 on: February 12, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
Any fly-over will probably be handled by Fla. based planes, my guess......... ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1418 on: February 12, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
It’d be a sight ta see if the museum would send the B17, B25 ‘n a couple fighters to do a fly over at Richmond……..

Don’t recall ever seein’ a fly over at Dover when the airplanes or helicopters didn’t come from the AFB ‘cross the road from the track.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1419 on: February 12, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
Arcey, I heard that the Museum in Virginia is going to have an Air Show featuring "Chuckie" this summer. I hope that folks go out to support the Museum. These new cars are fast in a two-car draft. I  saw the tachs reading 9600 to 9700 rpms. That is unusual for Daytona lately. That high rpm is hard on the valve train on the engines which equates to a lot of engine failures. The GMs seem to be turning 3 or 4 hundred revs that the Toyos. I am glad that Junebug got the Pole for the Shootout. The Shootout ought to interesting tonight. I am sure that there will a couple of big wrecks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com