Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297206 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1240 on: October 08, 2009, 10:42:28 AM »
32 teams times 53 active players on each roster equals 1696 people. That’s a pretty broad brush yer paintin’ with. Don’t ya think?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1241 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »
I was speaking of pro sports in general. There are "problem children" in all the sports.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1242 on: October 08, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »
I was speaking of pro sports in general. There are "problem children" in all the sports.

Not that it matters, but I'd say pro baseball leads the back just ahead of the NBA.  I don't watch either one of them.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #1243 on: Today at 01:38:14 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1243 on: October 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM »
Why would I think ya weren’t speakin’ of pro sports ‘in general’ when the previous eight posts dealt with the NFL, Tex? Then again, ‘in general’ makes for an even broader brush, don’t it?

Don’t werry. Be happy.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1244 on: October 08, 2009, 02:27:57 PM »
Don't worry Pop, mention college er highschool ball an you'll get clobbered just the same.
Some of us see the pros as over paid whiners an some of us see the amatures as folks with an agenda ta get what they want. 
Let's just watch some ball!

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1245 on: October 08, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
Who would ‘clobber’ someone for mentionin’ college or HS sports?

Just for the record, I see the fans or non-fans complainin’ on the earnin’s of pro athletes as the whiners.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1246 on: October 08, 2009, 04:26:10 PM »
I guess you don't remember. 
Anyways, watchin a good game is watchin a good game no matter who's playin it.  I balieve that out there on the field they all ferget bout salaries an scholarships.  They's just playin their hearts out on all levels.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1247 on: October 08, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
Perhaps I did, remind me. Better yet, point it out. I do remember scholarships are compensation. Are they not? What does a four year degree cost at, say, Texas A&M? Those kids aren’t minor league pros?

My point was, and is, few pros in any sport think they’re ‘above the law’. Their compensation is between the pro and the owner. If what’s reported, by glorified message boarders called ‘sports writers’, gives anyone heart burn, don’t watch it.

I’d rather watch the game ‘n enjoy it. Some folks makin’ unsubstantiated barks they heard/read from someone else often won’t let you.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1248 on: October 08, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
Arcey, I hope your Redskins get better before the season is over, let's hope they don't wind up tied with Dallas in the cellar.   Go Broncos!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1249 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:15 PM »
Awright yer in luck cuz I like duh boyz.

Zorn, Campbell, Rogers, a box of cuban cigars AND a case of Bud Light for Romo ‘n Phillips.

PPPLLLEEEZZZEEE!!!!!!!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1250 on: October 08, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
Arcey, Back in the Dark Ages, Zorn was drafted by the Cowboys.  He was sent to Seattle when the Seahawks were formed. I remember that he is left handed. Arcey you have to throw in Portis and Champ Bailey and it's a deal.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1251 on: October 08, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Ain’t got Bailey ta give ya. Traded ‘im ta Denver. For Portis. Couldn’t trade Portis anyway. He’s about wore out. All kiddin’ aside, I’m wonderin’ if he’ll make it thru the season.

A healthy Portis in the same backfield with Barber would be flat frightenin’……….. 

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1252 on: October 08, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »

I’d rather watch the game ‘n enjoy it. Some folks makin’ unsubstantiated barks they heard/read from someone else often won’t let you.

That's all I been sayin all along.  LETS JUST WATCH SOME BALL.

It may not seem like it, but do know a thing or two about the sport. 
Was gonna rant more an decided not to.   

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1253 on: October 09, 2009, 07:36:49 AM »
I hope the quality of play gets better as the season goes on. I'm still following the College teams closer than the Pros right now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1254 on: October 12, 2009, 09:06:09 AM »
Kinda sez all what needs sayin'

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1255 on: October 12, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
Well, the Brownies won yesterday. Ugly, but they won. Basically BOTH offenses were OFFENSIVE ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1256 on: October 12, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »
Yer Bengals won too Buck.  It was a big deal cause the coach's wife had just died.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1257 on: October 12, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
6 to 3 sounds more like a baseball score than a football one. The Bengals are definitely better than last year. I wanna see the Colts and the Broncos play, right now they're the best of the AFC.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1258 on: October 12, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
One of the defensive guys for the Broncos went to school with two of our boys( Kenny Peterson), and the head coach played quarterback at McKinley high school here..............Buck 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1259 on: October 12, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »
DeAngelo Hall had a pick ‘n ran it back a yard short of a touch down. High school, Deep Creek, next door. Va. Tech. in pro minor league. Sloppy tackle on Delholmme allowed a first ‘n that was the end of it.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com