Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1296984 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1220 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
Funny how things werk sometimes……..

Kyle Busch had just passed (we don’t say ‘overtaken’ in real racin’) Harvick for the lead at Bristol last night when a driver who has no business racin’ at that level turned dead left in front of him. Tore the car up pretty bad. First time in twelve races Busch hasn’t finished third or better ‘n he’d only finished third once in that span.

Busch is the driver that smashed the Gibson at Nashville. Ironic for him to be taken out, while leadin’, on the same day as Les Paul’s burial.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1221 on: August 22, 2009, 01:00:11 PM »
Ya just gotta love that.  Ol' Les got his revenge.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1222 on: August 22, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »
Bristol ain't the place for these young drivers to gain experience. It's a small track and there's a lot of beatin' and bangin'.  Kyle was at the wrong place at the right time. Coming up on lap traffic at Bristol is dangerous any time.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1223 on: Today at 12:13:17 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1223 on: September 24, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »
I wish.

As much as I hate ta say it, Rusty Wallace did a fantastic job designin’ the thing. Basically copied Richmond, made it a touch bigger ‘n blended the exit off two ‘n the entrance to three a l’il better. Execution was almost perfect.  Damned good racin’. State of the art. Very nice facility.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1224 on: September 24, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
I hadn't really read much about that track until today. I didn't know about Rusty being involved in the design or him being part owner. They need to expand the seating and make more roads in and out of the track.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1225 on: October 03, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »
I was reading on the Nascar. com site yesterday that the 48 and the 5 cars barely passed post race inspections. Nascar verbally warned both teams about the height of the cars.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1226 on: October 03, 2009, 02:44:18 PM »
The key word there is that they passed.  A good lead man knows the limits an pushes em ta the brink.  Even if they were just one centimeter under what the rules say, they're still fit ta fight.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1227 on: October 03, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »
Both the 48 ‘n the 5 were taken to Concord. The 5 was totally within tolerances. The 48’s body was 0.006” out (off the centerline) but the car had rear end body damage.

I promise ya had the 24 been taken for measurement it would have measured out the same way. Kinda doubt the 14 ‘n 39 were runnin’ the same generation chassis.

There were no violations. No penalties. No truth to the rumor NASCAR told HMS not to enter those cars again.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1228 on: October 03, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »
I still think Hendrick gets special consideration from NASCAR, that's just me. He should be in the Federal Pen.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1229 on: October 03, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
I’d like to think that but as many times as Knaus has been fined ‘n suspended ‘n the 48 docked owner ‘n driver points, the charge, I don’t think, is justified. They don’t inspect the things in private. Others have the chance to observe even in Concord. Strong rumor was RCR personnel ratted ‘em out for roof line manipulation at Daytona three years ago after NASCAR missed it.  The others won’t put up with it.

Last protest I remember was Roush sayin’ Evernham was soakin’ tires for the 24. Open analysis of the tires proved they were straight. That was o’er ten years ago. Evernham had a better set-up. Hendrick attracts the smart ones with a pile of cash.

Some say Knaus is the second comin’ of Evernham. Knaus has more sense than to let a skirt half ‘is age, and I might add ugly, ruin a marriage, his relationship with his employees ‘n his standin’ with Chrysler. Not to mention all focus on his cup effort.

Knaus is akin to Gary Nelson. NASCAR had to hire Nelson themselves to get ‘im out if the garage ‘n whippin’ their asses. No one to this day knows where he hid the additional fuel in Allison’s 22. Nelson was the second comin’ of Yunick, rest well, Smokey. In today’s environment, Knaus may be better than all three. ‘N like it or not, Johnson can wheel it.

All my opinion.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1230 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »
The deal with Hendrick's Honda dealerships was what I was refering to Hendrick being in the Federal Pen. I, for one don't enjoy watching Wonder wimp and JJ winning all the races and the championships. I am glad to see Mark winning, but not for Hendrick.  I would not buy a car from Tricky Ricky.  I enjoy the Nationwide and the Truck Series better, especially the Trucks.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1231 on: October 06, 2009, 07:32:13 AM »
'Twas a good game eventhough the Pack lost. #4 can still get it done.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1232 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
'Twas a good game eventhough the Pack lost. #4 can still get it done.

Slim

I thought about ya, Slim. Was a good game.

Make ya a deal ya can’t refuse. I’ll trade ya Jason Campbell AND Jim Zorn for Rodgers.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1233 on: October 06, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »
Looks like Lil's team might loose their head coach.  Good ol' Tom of the Raiders is lookin at asault charges for beatin on one of his assistants.  And folks thought Maddon was bad back in his day.

Roland Deschain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1234 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
I thought about ya, Slim. Was a good game.

Make ya a deal ya can’t refuse. I’ll trade ya Jason Campbell AND Jim Zorn for Rodgers.

No deal.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1235 on: October 07, 2009, 06:33:14 AM »
The best thing that could happen to the Redskins is to hire a new coach and a QB. They need direction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1236 on: October 07, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »
No deal.  ;)

Slim

Dag gone it. Knew I shoulda threw in Carlos Rogers ‘n a box of cuban cigars………

Tex been sneakin’ inta extremeskins again.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1237 on: October 07, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
I was a big time Cowboys fan in the 60s and 70s when Landry was coach. I didn't like the way Jones got rid of Landry. I quit being a Cowboy fan. I just watch the different teams in league now. I guess I watch the AFC teams more than the NFC teams.  Dallas will be lucky to go 8 and 8 for the season. They need another coach and a QB also, and Jones needs to keep his nose out of the coaching.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1238 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48:46 PM »
The Brownies dumped Edwards. Standard joke now is that NYC asked Bralon Edwards to drop the ball at New Years ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1239 on: October 08, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
These pro athletes think they are above the law. They get entirely too much money to play kid's games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com