Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297054 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1120 on: May 04, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
    The storm moved through the area real fast and I guess the Cowboys were unprepared. They were lucky that no one was killed. That scouting assistant that was paralyzed in the accident is only 33 years old.  The Special Teams coach doesn't have any paralysis.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »
It's a miracle no one was killed when you see the video of that place coming down.  Prayers up for them that were hurt.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1122 on: May 04, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »
I'm hoping that Jerry picks up the tabs for all the victims medical bills, That's the least he could do.  He was at the Kentucky Derby being a "big shot". I sure wish he would sell the Cowboys and move back to Arkansas. 
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1123 on: Today at 03:58:57 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »
Guessin the reality of it is that Jerry has an insurance policy an he won't feel a beit of sting over it.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »
I'm thinkin' that he should go out of his way in this situation.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1125 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:40 PM »
That would be the right thing ta do.  We'll just have ta see if he mans up.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
The info is that work was done on the strucure last year, but the work was not inspected.  If that's the case, the insurance company may not be anxious to settle any claims. Jerry may have to pay up after all.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: May 07, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »
Was on the racin’ board yesterevenin’. Sad.

He’d tested positive before ‘n got suspended. NASCAR wrote the testin’ policy ta allow ‘em ta test anyone at anytime. After the suspension was lifted he tore a car up ‘n NASCAR wanted ta test ‘im. He refused.

Read ‘is press release. Said he didn’t understand it the time they come for ‘im cuz the wreck knocked ‘im silly. ‘Course NASCAR don’t say much of its side in public ‘n their charges ‘n specs are kindah vague. Just his side, I thought the boy may have had a point. Turnt out he didn’t cuz NASCAR gave ‘im a second chance later.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: May 07, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
It's a shame for a young man to die at that age. especially if drugs are involved.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1130 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »
Passin in a motel aint no way ta go out.  Be innerested in seein the investigation results.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1131 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »
The philosophy is a 31 year old body ain’t supposed ta be dead unless there’s a history. Henrico statement indicates an undetermined death. The media is sayin’ suicide. The same media that doesn’t know a robbery from a larceny to a burglary. It’ll be an ME’s case…
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1132 on: May 07, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
From the Henrico Citizen

Police: Former Nascar Driver Committed Suicide

UPDATED: MAY 7, 3:05 P.M. - An autopsy has concluded that formed NASCAR driver Kevin Grubb, who was found dead in a northside motel yesterday, committed suicide, Henrico Police said today.

Grubb died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head at the Alpine Motel in the 7000 block of Brook Road, according to Henrico Police Lt. Doug Perry.

A toxicology test was performed on Grubb's body, but results could take six weeks, Perry said.

Grubb, 31 and a native of Mechanicsville, had been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR in 2006 following his second violation of the organization's substance abuse policy.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1133 on: May 07, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
Didn't wanna say it the first time but from what I've seen most motel death's er suicides.  Had a few around here.  Always the same.  Don't bet on morbid stuff but if I did I'd wager there was a note, or several.

Hate it when folks don't see no other way, don't unnerstand.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1134 on: May 07, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »
I'm sure Kevin's life revolved racing. His racing career was over and he felt is life was over too. Suicide was the last resort for him.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1135 on: May 08, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
Haddah good pard years ago. Ate ‘n slept drag racin’. Thought it was all he knew
‘n all ‘e’d ever know ta make a livin’. Both of us were raised ‘round it when most folks looked down on it. I’ll admit, many a time I got ready ta load my tools in the car ‘n move ta Charlotte.

I went back ta school, ‘e went ta the Navy cuz ‘is folks were threatenin’ ta throw ‘im out.

Last I saw ‘n talked ta ‘im, the Navy had taught ‘im ta run nuclear reactors. Served ‘is country with honor, got out ‘n took a job with Duke Power in Carolina werkin’ a nuclear power plant fer a hell of a lot more money than I made as a dumb assed cop.

Bottom line is both us did ok without racin’.

Grubb had the same options. There are many talented folks that for one reason or ‘nother can’t find a job in racin’. Grubb had it via a rich daddy ‘n ‘e blew it. He was doin’ well drivin’ for Brewco. Wondered why they fired ‘im. Guess they figgered it out ‘fore NASCAR did.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1136 on: May 08, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
I did the amatuer thing in drag racing in the 60s when I was in high school. I won some throphies, but not much money. I would have like to have tried my hand at drivin' in NASCAR or INDY.  There wern't no drivin' schools and didn't have any money. It would have been fun, I think.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1137 on: May 08, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »
I'm sure Kevin's life revolved racing. His racing career was over and he felt is life was over too. Suicide was the last resort for him.

Like I said, I don't unnerstand that.  Mebbe the last motel, but never the last resort.  Sorry fer the bad pun but there's always a new day comin, new opportunities an new folks ta meet.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1138 on: May 08, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
I'm sure it's tough on the parents also. Parents don't expect to have to bury their kids.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1139 on: May 08, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »
James, I could tell ya more about that then you'd ever want to hear.  That's why I get so pissed when someone takes the cowards way out.

I'll step down now.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com