Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297023 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #980 on: February 14, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »
There's some folks awful pissed at Goodyear right about now.  I think Tony's about fit ta be tied an Newman's right bahind him.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: February 14, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
The right side tires get more wear than the left sides and the one batch of tires is the ones that at suspect. When a car is not handling properly, the back end moves around in the air causing the Right rear tire to scuff.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: February 14, 2009, 03:06:55 PM »
I wouldn't try splain that ta Smoke right now.  Funnier than heck when the reporter asked him if driving the second backup car in the 500 might affect the results of the race.  He said "well rocket scientist, whatta you think?"

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #983 on: Today at 02:24:53 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: February 14, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
Stewart whines ‘bout ennythin’. Reports, Gibson thinks the RF from Thursday was either a cut or a de-laminate. Showed no abnormal wear. On the 39 for just six laps.

Goodyear sez the one this mornin’ was cut.

The 39 backup is a fifth, unpainted thing. They only brought five cars. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
Stewart whines ‘bout ennythin’. Reports, Gibson thinks the RF from Thursday was either a cut or a de-laminate. Showed no abnormal wear. On the 39 for just six laps.

Goodyear sez the one this mornin’ was cut.

The 39 backup is a fifth, unpainted thing. They only brought five cars. 

He was callin it their "California car".  Set up differnt.  Don't rightly know exzactly what that means.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: February 14, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
It’s what’s known as ‘down-force’ car. They plan on runnin’  ‘em next weekend in Fontana.

Turned out not be the one Stewart thought it was. Stewart’ll be drivin’ the car he used last weekend . Newman will be in the other ‘n last backup.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #986 on: February 14, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »
Thankya.  They got no margin fer mishaps now.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: February 14, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
It ain't gonna matter once the race starts. I'm sure they are getting other ready to bring to California back at the shop in NC.  The cars they run at Daytona and Talledega are different from the other cars. Most of the tracks that they run during the year are one and a half mile in length.  The Car that they run at the two superspeedways are step up different.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: February 15, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »
Boys……

Few more minutes, I hope, it’s time for the bullsh!t of the last couple weeks ta end, ‘n the reckonin’ ta begin………

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: February 15, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
When the Green flag drops, Tha BS  STOPS!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #990 on: February 15, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
When the Green flag drops, Tha BS  STOPS!

Oh, I'm sure there'll be more whinin.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #991 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »
Let’s see…………..

43 cars, four tires each. Several sets each…..………….

Gordon has one corner wear bad. Kvapil pops one. Stemme blows a right rear. Last two most probably cut, as usual.

Just me. Thinkin’ Stewart ought ta be lookin’ at Newman’s ‘n other’s set ups ‘fore ‘e goes off on Goodyear. Decent, but not the best driver. Hot head ’n kindah stupid with a lot ah mouth…..

Congrats, Matt.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #992 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »
OK, now I'm really sure.

"Junior, you got some splainin ta do...again".

Roland Deschain

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #993 on: February 15, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
Sorry Arcey, didn't see yer post.  Gotta agree with that.  As a driver he needs ta do more than just git in the car an drive.  Not sure if it's ever occured ta him what all is on the line.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #994 on: February 15, 2009, 06:46:04 PM »
Now that he owns two teams, he better learn.   Congrats. to Matty for winnin' and tha Dinger for winnin' third.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #995 on: February 16, 2009, 02:46:31 PM »
Thinkin’ I’ll ride with both ya.

Didn’t wanna say nothin’ ‘bout Earnhardt ‘til I hadda chance ta look at it again. Thinkin’ that’n was all his. Reckon there’s frustration settin’ in. Drivin’ for Hendrick ‘n ain’t livin’ up ta his billin’.

Stewart better unnerstan’ he’s in the big time now.

‘Dinger third. Damn! I love it!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: February 16, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
June Bug jerked that wheel back awful hard when he came off the grass back to the track. It seemed to me that all the Toyos except for 18 were choked down. I sure Kyle would have won that race if he hadn't got caught up in "The Big One".   Ol' Sadler seems to have a large chip on his shoulder from his remarks he made a couple of days ago. Maybe that's what he needed. The Dodges were underpowered as usual. They Chevys were the class of the field.  The Roush cars stayed close all day and capitalized on the rain shortened race.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »
Sheezzzzzz……….

Shrub wore ‘em out. That was ugly.

Used ta be an ole boy on the racin’ board. Back when Kurt won the cup. Said we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. Wait ‘til Shrub turned 18.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: February 21, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Doin other stuff an missed it.  Catch the recap later but it aint the same.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: February 21, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
Ya didn’t miss much. Flag dropped ‘n Busch said ‘bye’. Led 95 of 100 laps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com