Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297111 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #880 on: November 12, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »
Should be a good deal for their collision damage insurance part. Good chance he’ll tear the car all ta hell with their name on it on national TV.

Jay Frye had been quoted now. Sez they’re gonna swap cars. Whether than means numbers or actual cars I can’t read inta it. Can see advantages either way.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: November 13, 2008, 03:40:27 AM »
That Red Bull outfit is a strange bunch.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #882 on: November 13, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
Sure look ta be.

Man. DEI ‘n CGR w/ the cuban merge. Some 180 people lose their jobs. Hate that.

Might feel a l’il better ‘bout it if I thought Teresa ‘n the Chipper would give ‘em a thought Thanksgivin’ or Christmas mornin’. Doubt that.

The spinnin’ sound comes from Earnhardt’s grave again. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #883 on: Today at 07:29:59 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #883 on: November 13, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
Well, Is the Chipster gonna get out of his deal with Dodge? They still gotta come up with some serious sponsorship no matter what brand they drive.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #884 on: November 13, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Dodge sez they wish him well. Think that translates to ‘we’re glad ta see the money freed up.’ GM was carryin’ four cars at DEI anyway so there’s no difference for them.

What I’m seein’ is he has Wrigley as the primary for half the races for ’09 on the 42. The 41 is fuilly funded by Target. No driver.

She has, well, Truex has, Bass Pro for the whole year. Nothin’ solid for the 8. No prospects for the 01 ‘n that’ll shut down. Nothin’ for the 15 ‘n that’ll go away too.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #885 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:44 PM »
It's gonna be interesting in the off-season for securing these sponsors for next season.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: November 14, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »
Kindah figgered it’d happened.

Aquainted with an ole fella ‘n run inta him while I was out on errands. His son is the catch can man for the 15. He had other tasks at the shop when they weren’t on the road. He’s been let go in the DEI lay-offs.

His daddy told me earlier they were sure Menard was leavin’ ‘n his son has talked with other teams, in particular Yates, but there doesn’t seem to be any openings anywhere for anyone right now.

Sunday evenin’ when they land in Charlotte after flyin’ back from Florida the kid is unemployed.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #887 on: November 14, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
Menard will be runnin' #98 for Yates next year.  I watched qualifying for Sprint Cup this afternoon, JJ didn't do so hot. Cuzzin Carl was about 4th or 5th when I turned it off. Also watched some the truck Qualifying, Hornaday looks strong and I think  Benson's team is chokin' under the pressure. One of the crewmen forgot to hook up the front sway bar on Benson's truck before practice. He drug it around the track and messed up the RF tire to the cord.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #888 on: November 15, 2008, 07:18:35 AM »
Why he ‘n several others were talkin’ ta Yates.

Undone sway bar, didn’t tape the blade seam. Good pit calls after a lousy first one. One championship for JB. Hornaday is a class act. They don’t play nice on the track. Damned good, hard racin’. They respect one ‘nother when it’s over.

I’m happy.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #889 on: November 15, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
I've been a fan of Ron's since his days of drivin' the #16 truck for DE.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #890 on: November 15, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
I’m convinced. Wendy is bound ‘n determined to drive me, personally, slam up a wall….

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #891 on: November 15, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »
I'm hoping Cuzzin Carl wins the Nationwide title but I think it's a done deal for JJ to win #3 in a row.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #892 on: November 18, 2008, 04:59:17 AM »
I notice that nothin' was sed 'bout tha cowboys/skins game....

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #893 on: November 18, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »
We're even, 1-1.  Marion Barber was the difference.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #894 on: November 18, 2008, 06:49:01 AM »
Bro. Sleep, What happened to TAMU against BU? Moose wore her BU hoodie this weekend.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:44 AM »
What I said after the first one……….

Gentleman, I do not come to gloat. Rather, with hat in hand, I say thanks. The last Redskins, Cowboys match up in Texas Stadium. Many memories. I will miss it.

See ya at FedEx. 

Page 72

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #896 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:48 AM »
Bro. Sleep, What happened to TAMU against BU? Moose wore her BU hoodie this weekend.

Musta been the normal pre- TU slump...

You know TAMU only plays one game a year....  ::)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:20 AM »
What I said after the first one……….

Gentleman, I do not come to gloat. Rather, with hat in hand, I say thanks. The last Redskins, Cowboys match up in Texas Stadium. Many memories. I will miss it.

See ya at FedEx. 

Page 72

Gloat.... NEVER!

I simply stopped following the cowboys after the present owner made a shambles of a fine organization  :'(
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: November 18, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
Ditto for me Bro. Sleep.  OSU played one good game a year and that was against Zero U.   OSU has got a pretty good team this year. It should be a good game.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #899 on: November 18, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
Don’t know much ‘bout the author on this one. Run ‘cross it last night. Didn’t run up the spreadsheet but thinkin’ back over the finishes it sounds ‘bout right.

In ‘Dinger’s five races in the 10, he outscored (the notables):

All the Penske drivers
All the DEI drivers
Stewart
Kahne & Sadler, the other GEM drivers.
Both CGR drivers
All the MWR drivers
All the PE drivers

Not that I have anything against him personally but ‘Dinger beat Vickers too. Nice move, TRB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com