Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1296981 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2008, 08:01:39 AM »
Dunno. The team is a Gibbs satellite. Yeley has driven Gibbs stuff from day one.

Yeley has had plenty opportunities. Did nothin’ in Busch. He had a shot with the 11 before Hamlin did ‘n couldn’t do squat. Hamlin wins in it.

Gets in the 96 after he gets bumped from Gibbs proper for Kyle Busch ‘n falls like a rock from the top 35. A position Raines kept it solidly in.

Coleman was a Gibbs development driver that got shuffled out for Logano. The boy looks good. Hope this leads to better things for ‘im.

Never cared for Yeley. He has no talent for this series. It’s the same crap over ‘n over. Interviewed after he fails to qualify or wrecks out ‘n he gives some lame excuse then says his baby girl still loves ‘im.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »
I'm still hopin' that Kenseth can get back into the Chase.  The top guys are pretty well set unless something bad happens. That last 2 or 3 positions are still up for grabs.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:43 AM »
With ya on that one.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #483 on: Today at 12:06:00 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
Ya never know about these road course races. Someone that's not expected to win usually does.   I'm more interested in the Trucks at Nashville than Watkins Glen.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
I'm more interested in the Trucks at Nashville than Watkins Glen.

Lord knows I'm ready for trucks.......

A 'ringer' ain't won a cup race since '73.......

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
It otta be hot and muggy at Nashville. A purfect night for a cold BUD LIGHT! or  TWO?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:37 PM »
Mebbe three. Trucks, awwwwww hell yeah!!!!!!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2008, 07:13:37 PM »
Arcey, I got an e-mail from RCCA, inviting he to an unveiling of the new DEI tribute to Dale and the Duke at the Stockyards in Fort Worth next Thursday morning. Members from both families and Eddie Gossage will be there. I'm gonna take my camera to get some pictures of the folks and the car.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
Ya should have ya some fun with that.

Qualifyin’ was a wash. Said goes home. Maybe someone will get out so he can drive theirs.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »
Back ta football fer a second.  Tanight is the exhibition Battle of the Bay.  Raiders an Niners goin at it.  Expectin ta see a lot of rookies on the field.  Lil is a Raiders fan but fair weathered only (I tease her about that every season).  Our friend would follow the Niners inta hell without question.  It'll be a fun night over at their house drinkin beers, grillin meat an gettin a look at the shape of things ta come.  Me an my buddies wife have nothin vested, I'm a Steelers man an she's a Packer Backer.   

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2008, 03:10:16 PM »
Arcey, Thanks for the PM.  I don't care which one wins, cause I don't like either team.  SF or the Raiders.  I'm sure I can find something to watch tonight besides football. I have Dish Network and Netflix to watch.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
Well ya got yer openin ceramonies fer the 'lympics tanight Tex.  I'll take the good times watchin the game with pals ;)

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
We both know I took no pleasure in it, Tex.

I’d watch some ball if they were broadcastin’ it here. Mute the TV ‘n listen to talk radio. The SanFranFreako FortyWhiners vs. the Gangland Faders would be ok.

Promised the revolvers I’d wipe ‘em off this evenin’. Po things been stuck in their socks fer three weeks.

Sit here in total silence before I’d watch the thing from China. Ain’t watched a minute of it since Evander Holyfield got screwed. Never will again.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
What burned my ass about the olympics was when they let the top PRO basket ball <spit> players temperarily retire ta form the "dream team".  Yea!  Merrika's gonna win aginst a bunch of teams made up of college age kids who are in it fer the sake of honest competition.  The Holyfield thing sucked too. 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
Wouldn’t be watchin’ basketball anyway. Don’t like it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
Wouldn’t be watchin’ basketball anyway. Don’t like it.

Aint much ta like 'bout it.  Only reason it caught on was cause it's played indoors an gave the boys somethin ta do when the weather was bad.  Then it was easy ta set up on a playground, no grass ta tend, small area compared ta other sports.  Based on an ancient Myan game where the losing team got there heads smashed with a rock.  I could sure do without it.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »
WHITE MEN can't JUMP!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: August 09, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
Said reportedly has Ford’s go-ahead to drive Kyle Petty’s Dodge.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: August 09, 2008, 09:16:28 AM »
OL Said must be havin' trouble gettin' a ride if the 45 is the best he can do.  Petty Racing just isn't there anymore, technology has past them by unfortunately.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: August 09, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »
Was lookin’ at the Fords yesterday ‘n didn’t see any one-offs anyone would be willin’ to pull.

Reckon Said will take any purse money he can get. Said said (sorry) they spent a quarter million gettin’ there with his car. PE will have a better chance ta get more owner’s points with Said than with Petty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com