Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1297024 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »
"guilty until proven innocent" seems ta be the order of the day when the media gets involved.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2008, 02:44:50 AM »
 Auto Racing has always been a male dominated sport since it began. Stock car racing grew out of the moonshining industry, also male dominated. The "Good Oi' Boys don't like change and consider the entrance of women into the sport as bad.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »
My oh my, WOW!

Ain’t much of a fan ah that track. Usually a snoozer. If there’s ever a better race than that one I sure wanna see it.

From Roush doin’ the fly over in his vintage P-51 with a couple trainers trailin’ him ta a photo finish. It don’t get any better than that.

Man whadda race!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #263 on: Today at 02:28:52 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »
Didn't watch the Nationwide race last night.  I read that Lagano won the race. Youngest driver to win since 1999. Congrats to Joey and JGR.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
Logano sorta wore ‘em out. The #20 Camry is the class of the field right now ‘n it appears he kin drive it. The younger Busch was tryin’ so hard ta catch ‘im he lost it ‘n tore the #18 up. Got ‘is ass all up on ‘is shoulders ‘n said he wasn’t runnin’ Nationwide next weekend. He wasn’t a contender in the truck race. Reckon he had a bad day.

The truck race was unreal. Be awhile ’fore there’s one like that again.   
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
Looks like Roush won the truck race, chased by a herd of Toyos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »
Hope ya saw or can see a replay. Darnell ‘n Benson in almost a dead heat. Right behind ‘em, Bodine, Speed ‘n Gaughn three wide to the line.

They fought one ‘nother from the green flag. Every kindah pit strategy ya kin think of.   

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »
Hornaday can't stand too many finishes like yesterday.  I got met Ron at TMS one night after the truck race.  The guy that invited me to watch the race in his skybox introduced me to Ron. I've got a picture with Ron somewhere. It was back when he drove the #16 NAPA Truck for DE sr.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »
Congrats to Little E on his victory at Michigan.  I'm glad he finally broke the drought and won one.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »
Always pulled for Junior. Can’t now. He willingly chose to drive for a thief. I don’t care for thieves.

So much for Mark Martin’s prediction that he was gonna win – 25th. Stayed in the way long ‘nuff to break Vickers’ momentum or he may have passed the 17. The boy keeps runnin’ this solid he’s gonna win one.

Tex, the truck finish. Take a look:

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »
Man OH Man was that close! I still say the Truck series is the most competative series.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »
An update on the Grant lawsuit.

Followin’ preliminary interviews by NASCAR internal investigators, both employees accused of exposin’ themselves to the plaintiff have been indefinitely suspended with pay.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »
I guess you could say that they were suspended for exposing their short-comings.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
Couldn’t tell ta either way. Don’t wanna know. Will say if that was the reason for the suspensions basic intelligence in today’s work-place sher ain’t their long suit.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
Don't ask, don't tell.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
Goin’ thru today’s racin’ news. See where the Army is talkin’ explorin’ their sponsorship options for ’09. Hell I don’t blame ‘em. DEI is a slowly sinkin’ ship. It was doomed when the widow refused Junior’s request for controllin’ interest. Between he ‘n his sister they would have put the right people in place to be competitive. Ain’t as if the widow isn’t wealthy beyond her wildest dreams already ‘n datin’ one of the wealthiest men in the country. I could go on but that’s enough of trashin’ the woman.

The reason for the post is the Army is talkin’ to a Toyota team. Despite my enjoyment of Toyota’s recent success ‘n my bein’ an owner of Toyotas, the logo of the United States Army on a Camry is just plain wrong.

Go with Yates, Army. They have a good, clean cut, well spoken young man in the 28 Ford in need of sponsor dollars. With it that team will show results.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2008, 05:49:53 PM »

The reason for the post is the Army is talkin’ to a Toyota team. Despite my enjoyment of Toyota’s recent success ‘n my bein’ an owner of Toyotas, the logo of the United States Army on a Camry is just plain wrong.

Yes it is..............Maybe Army recruiting needs a budget cut
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »
Army is a good sponsor. You got a built in fan base with all the young soldiers. The NHRA TF Army team is a good fit.  They did sponsor one of the prostock bikes last year. Mark Martin is a tough little guy and he is a good fit for Army sponsor.  I would hate to see them not on a car next year.  Little E has embraced his National Guard sponsorship on the Cup car and the Navy on his Nationwide Team.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
Won’t get into the American built, UAW or this is junk, that’s junk thing.

Just sayin’ in my view NASCAR is destroyin’ tradition all on their own. The tradition ‘n fame was built on the shoulders of Chrysler, General Motors ‘n Ford. Any branch of the United States Military should sponsor one of those.

The Army, Navy ‘n The Guard have all three said their studies show their involvement in racin’, in terms of recruitment, has been money well spent. Just please don’t spend it on a Toyota.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2008, 03:50:58 AM »
What He said! :) ;) 8) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com