Author Topic: Question for Mountie Musket Owners  (Read 2468 times)

Offline MannitheGerman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Question for Mountie Musket Owners
« on: February 23, 2008, 04:08:22 AM »
Every levergun I had needed some adjustment of the sights to left or right. As the elevation should not be a problem with the muskets, how about windage? I guess they have fixed sights, at least the front sight. Can the rear sight be moved? Please let me know your experiences with this guns.
Thank you in advance.
Manni

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
Re: Question for Mountie Musket Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
If I understand you correctly, I think you're refering to the NWMP carbine, not an 1876 Winchester Musket.  The original 1876 model NWMP carbines were equiped with Spanish Meter rear sights.  I can't speak for the reproduction, but I do have an original Mountie carbine with this sight and it is not adjustable for windage.  I would not think that the Spanish Meter sight on the Chaparral carbine would be windage adjustable, either.

Adios,
Buck

Offline Icebox Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »
Here is a picture of the sights on an original.  The sights on my Chaparral 'Mountie' '76 are virtually identical.
I have some pictures of an original here = http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z112/IceboxSask/?action-view&current=NWMP76e2.jpg

Regards
Icebox
Well.... see, if you take your time, you get a more harmonious outcome.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:35:35 AM »

Offline Crotchety Old Grouch

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
I have a Chaparral NWMP carbine and you can move the rear sight left or right a little by loosening the mounting screws.  Mine was shooting a little to the left at 100 yards and this fixed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com