Author Topic: CIMMERRON SS  (Read 4140 times)

Offline louisc

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CIMMERRON SS
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
HOWDY PARDNERS ,HOPE EVERYONES ENJOYIN THEMSELFS ON THIS GREAT DAY.WELL I HAVE THE OPT.TO GET A CIMMERRON 357 STAINLESS STEEL 4 3/4 BARREL, THE GUN SEEMS TO BE AS TIGHT AS MY BRAND NEW CIMMERRON THE CYCLINDER HAS NO SCRAPES OR WEAR MARKS, THE GRIPS ARE LIKE WALNUT OR OAK AND THE FIT  SEEMS TO BE GOOD TOO. EVERYTHING WORKS ON THE DRY RUN BUT WOULD LIKE ANY HELP FOR THINGS TO LOOK FOR, BECAUSE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT,IT'S USED FOR $390.....HE ALSO HAS A TAURUS NEW 375cal FOR ALITTLE MORE $425, IT LOOKED PRETTY NICE TO ME IT HAD A 5.5 BARREL NICKEL OR SS DONT KNOW WHICH,BUT LOOKED REAL GOOD.RUGER BLACKHAWK 5.5 USED WHICH I HATE THERE SITES SO BLA.THE PHOTO IS LIKE THE USED CIMMERRON FOR $390 ARE THE TAURUS THAT BAD OR WERE PARTS HARD TO COME BY NOW.ANY HELP APP.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1265
Re: CIMMERRON SS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
That picture looks like a nickled Model P.  The stainless guns are more of a satin finish.  That price on the used stainless gun is good.  They list new for $609 (dealer $469).  The stainless Model P's do not have a removeable cylinder bushing, but I don't think they have a problem with fouling with BP.  Lots of mounted shooters use them. 

I haven't owned a Taurus; you read about a few horror stories but also some folks like theirs very much.  However, Taurus has discontinued that gun so I'm not sure what that will mean for parts availability in the future.

The Blackhawk is a fine gun.  The adjustable sights of course put you in Modern class if you shoot it in SASS.

I'm sure someone will add "buy them all"  ;D

Offline louisc

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
THANKS ABILENE MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY ON THE TAURUS,THE NEW IS WHAT CAUGHT MY WALLET. IT LOOKED NICE SS OR NICKLE, BUT SSTEPPED BACK AND SAID WHAT ABOUT THE PARTS SERVICE I CAN GET FROM MY GUN SMITH,BUT PARTS.I'M ALSO CONCRENED ABOUT THE CIMMERRON BEEING USED AND 357CAL IT SEEMS LIKE THE 357 IS TAKEN A STEP BACK AND THE 44-40,45lc IS DOMINATING THE AMMO FEILD .IS THE AMMO COMPANYS GOING TO DROP THE ROUND OR IS IT JUST DEMAND,THE PAWN SHOP I GO TO HAD LIKE 7 357'S FOR SALE ALL SIX GUNS THAT MAKES ME THINK EVEN MORE,DID I MISS A MEMO OR SOMETHING ?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:38:18 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:42:58 PM »
I doubt they're going to drop the .357 caliber anytime soon. It just may be there are more of them out there. As far as Taurus goes, yes there were problems with them. I've been to two gun shows in the last couple weeks and the Gaucho's there were up on reduced prices, one guy had them marked at  $50 off ticketed price. Blued guns were ticketed at $325...............Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline louisc

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
THANKS ALOT THERE PARD,DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PRICE ON 357 I WAS A 45lc MAN TILL NOW,AND WHAT SHOULD I START WITH GRAIN WISE? AND DO THEY MAKE A LOW POWDER 45 I THINK 200 OR 250 MIGHT BE TO MUCH A_ _ FOR THE ACCURACY? GOING TO THE GUN SMITH SOON ,ARE THE MICROMETERS EXSPENSIVE FOR INSIDE AND OUTSIDE READINGS.I THINK THAT WOULD OR MIGHT HELP TO FOR MY KNOWLEDGE.I SHOOT TO MUCH TO BE THE PROBLOM, ITS MY FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!

Offline Sgt. Jake

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »
   Now I could be wrong,Ive been wrong before and will be again.If that is a picture of the actual pistol,It looks to me to be a nickled Bretta,not a mod.p. You might want to check to be sure.     Adios  Sgt. Jake

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1265
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:44:43 PM »
The pic could be a Cimarron (nickle), because they recently added the gold emblem on the grip to the pre-war models.

Offline louisc

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
Yep yer right I put the wrong photo in sorry but it looked that good for a used cimmerron also the gold emblume is not there,but Uberti bought beretta out I beleive.

Offline Frank Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
Yep yer right I put the wrong photo in sorry but it looked that good for a used cimmerron also the gold emblume is not there,but Uberti bought beretta out I beleive.

Close, and just as an FYI, Beretta bought Uberti.
Frank Dalton
US Deputy Marshal
Indian Territory
SASS# 54716L
USFA CSS# 59
GAF# 360
STORM# 268
Perge Scelus Mihi Diem Perficias

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com