Author Topic: USFA Forehand & Wadsworth Revolver!!!  (Read 14145 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
USFA Forehand & Wadsworth Revolver!!!
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2008/Day2/DSC02295.jpg

However, where is the hump coming from and where is the under barrel rib? Here's a page with two originals to compare.

http://www.ocyoung.com/American_firearms.htm

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: USFA Forehand & Wadsworth Revolver!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:39:31 AM »
What the heck!!!  What in the world are they thinking?  Why would they mess around with that when they can't even bring the Omni-Potent to market?  And talk about ugly... that's what would have happened if Colt, Forehand & Wadsworth, and Merwin & Hulbert had gotten together and had a bastard child.  Please tell me this is a joke.
Okay, I'll sit down and be quiet now. :-X
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Outrider #72622

• Back in the good old U.S. of A.!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
Funny you should say that.  The first thing I thought was it looked like a mix or a Remington '75, a Schofield and a little Merwin Hulbert thrown in.
 :-\
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:57:35 PM »

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
I am starting to think that someone is going off the deep end over at USFA.   :(
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:04:47 AM »
I doubt they will ever really produce it as we have yet to see the omni potent and the Remington 1875.  It all remains to be seen.  Personally, it think it is an interesting gun, but they would find a better market for Schofields, Remington 1875-1890s and even Merwin and Huberts.  How about a USFA Webley in .45 Cowboy?

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
Don't really care about the Remington since there are plenty of repros already available.  This, however, is downright cool.  Anyone have any idea on calibers, or if it is actually being considered for production?

Offline Dirty

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »
What the @^*& ! is that?

That is the strangest thing I ever saw. Why don't they call it the Mexican gunsmith Colt revolver! I have seen Blacksmith / Gunsmith revolvers from other counties that look like that!

Oh my God, how in the world with CNC machines can they screw things up.

Whats with the hump at the grip, bird beak grip, odd extractor, and just overall not correct. Did they ever have an example in their hands? Doesn't look like either the old or new model army large frames.

It looks like they sort of copied the little 32 caliber solid frames, and still messed it up.

Why when people start a project, don't they get it correct the first time? I can deal with lawyer proof internals, but externally, this thing %$#@!&.

I'm done now. I need to take something for my bloodpressure.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 07:57:31 AM »
So I am guessing you do not care for this particular model.  You guys are tough!  I am happy to see they are trying out new things and I for one am willing to wait to get the whole story behind a product before I shoot it down, so to speak.  It is when the new items take away from the quality of the current items that I get mad.  Until then, just imagine if a model is introduced and produced in limited numbers, instant collectible.

Offline Stophel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »
Now, if they were making the New model army, then they'd have something!  That's a very beautiful gun, I think.  Very sleek.
The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 12:00:06 AM »
    I think I'm beginning to see a pattern emerging here. USFA splits from the Uberti scene with its expertly crafted Colt clones-actually making them even better than the real thing- then decides to branch out even further. First they partner up with Remington to build their classic revolvers(Which I'm still waiting for!), and now this.
    Capt. John Fitzgerald, you've got me brainstorming now! Remington 1875-1890 revolvers, Schofields, and Merwin and Hulbert revolvers built by USFA!  :D Imagine how far they could go!
A work in progress.

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »
I have a question...... i have owned USFA firearms since 98 and the Omni potent has always showed up in their catalog and website, have they never produced one to sell to the public? If i call them today and order one are they not available......... personally i would love to see they make some Merwins!!!

Marko

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
Marko, hang on, Cimarron is tooling up.  :-X ;)

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 07:13:04 AM »
I have a question...... i have owned USFA firearms since 98 and the Omni potent has always showed up in their catalog and website, have they never produced one to sell to the public? If i call them today and order one are they not available......... personally i would love to see they make some Merwins!!!

Marko

I am starting to suspect the same thing might be happening with the Remingtons.  All Hype and no product.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »
This is strictly my own observation.  Between visiting USFA's facility and speaking to people who are experienced in setting up and operating CNC machinery, I have concluded this.  USFA definitely puts out a top quality product, whiich requires more time per piece.  USFA is making everything in house, and not having a CNC machine dedicated to every little part, part production is made by CNC machine sharing.  There is still only so many production work hours in a day, therefore total production growth of all possible products is slow as becoming efficient with what tools are available is priority over just buying new machinery.  This is a very responsible way of proceding in this economic atmosphere, where heavy debt and overhead is closing many businesses.  USFA is also still creating itself and creating new prototypes to see what interest is out there for particular models.

With all of this I am trying to say we should be patient.  USFA is a great company which I would like to see stay around a while.  I am impressed as they are working on growing their line, but I am equally impressed at the careful steps they are taking to create some of the greatest firearms with true American craftsmanship and maintaining affordability.  I know you can purchase other maker's products faster and for a little less, but those do not compare to USFA's products. 

I want the best, I want USFA, especially when it is home grown and even better than the way it used to be.  I don't know about all of you, but I can wait! 

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
Doc,   I understand what you are saying.  I guess my objection to USFA and others is that they say they are coming out with a certain product at approximately a certain time.  The time passes and we hear absolutely nothing from the company.  I think most of us would be alot more understanding if USFA would give us an occasional "heads up" on what is going on.  The Remingtons are not even showing up on the USFA website yet.  I have not seen Gary Granger make any comments here for months.   Regards.  Deadeye.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »
Doc,   I understand what you are saying.  I guess my objection to USFA and others is that they say they are coming out with a certain product at approximately a certain time.  The time passes and we hear absolutely nothing from the company.  I think most of us would be alot more understanding if USFA would give us an occasional "heads up" on what is going on.  The Remingtons are not even showing up on the USFA website yet.  I have not seen Gary Granger make any comments here for months.   Regards.  Deadeye.

+1

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »
I understand where you are coming from.  It is just that I have to admit I am on the fence with this one.  I wish that things could be faster, but I am concerned at what cost.  The addition of machinery not only will take away from the bottom line and add to the base prices, it will also require additional floor space and employees, which at this economic juncture would be a considerable amount of weight to carry.  And the idea of getting to big to quickly concerns me as quality usually takes a hit during rapid expansion.  I will agree that the companies doing well during this economic difficulty are the ones wisely marketing, and actually marketing.  This is an area I would hope USFA strengthens in the future.  They have been doing more than in the past, so I remain hopeful.  USFA quality is still very high, so I have to believe the company's trying to grow, but not at the expense of quality.  It is the quality theme that brings me back every time.

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 02:21:06 AM »
This is strictly my own observation.  Between visiting USFA's facility and speaking to people who are experienced in setting up and operating CNC machinery, I have concluded this.  USFA definitely puts out a top quality product, whiich requires more time per piece.  USFA is making everything in house, and not having a CNC machine dedicated to every little part, part production is made by CNC machine sharing.  There is still only so many production work hours in a day, therefore total production growth of all possible products is slow as becoming efficient with what tools are available is priority over just buying new machinery.  This is a very responsible way of proceding in this economic atmosphere, where heavy debt and overhead is closing many businesses.  USFA is also still creating itself and creating new prototypes to see what interest is out there for particular models.

With all of this I am trying to say we should be patient.  USFA is a great company which I would like to see stay around a while.  I am impressed as they are working on growing their line, but I am equally impressed at the careful steps they are taking to create some of the greatest firearms with true American craftsmanship and maintaining affordability.  I know you can purchase other maker's products faster and for a little less, but those do not compare to USFA's products. 

I want the best, I want USFA, especially when it is home grown and even better than the way it used to be.  I don't know about all of you, but I can wait! 
You said it Doc! I too demand the best and I'm willing to wait for my homegrown Remingtons. Right now my one complaint with USFA is the fact that they're keeping us in the dark about the Remingtons. I feel it would be to everyone's benefit if they would at least give us some kind of progress report on the Remingtons. Just so we can breathe a little easier. While we're talking about it, I dreamt that I was on the USFA website and they had a video introducing the Remington revolvers. It was so real that it woke me up out of a sound sleep! But I had to get up anyway. :-[I had to go and fall in love with that gun! Of course I've always had a soft spot for all things different. Everyone has their Colt but I don't have my Remingtons. :'(
So if anyone important from USFA is reading this, listen up!  >:("WE WANT TO SEE SOME HARD EVIDENCE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!" >:(
Show us just how serious you are about this!
A work in progress.

Offline Appalachian Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Appalachian Ed------ NCOWS N-SSA/CSA - 2nd KY
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 01:20:17 PM »
I am at the point I doubt they will ever be produced. The market for a high end '58 or '75 at the price they want is just too small. I would pay it, many of yall would pay it, but most will just buy Uberti. Hege makes the finest 1858 in the world and Feinwerkbau makes the best Rogers & Spencer. Both cost in excess of $1900.00 each and they sell very few in this country.

-Ed
"We believed then that we were right and we believe now that we were right then."
- John H. Lewis, 9th Va. Infantry

Offline ColonelFlashman

• Thank'ee! And Damn Your Eyes.
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • '73 N.W.M.P. Field Uniform, Assit. Commis.
    • "Sir Harry Flashman's Memiors"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 04:37:59 AM »
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2008/Day2/DSC02295.jpg

However, where is the hump coming from and where is the under barrel rib? Here's a page with two originals to compare.

http://www.ocyoung.com/American_firearms.htm

It's actually more of a compilation of the 1st model & the 2nd Model w/ a tick of MH&Co Birdshead Beak thrown in just because. I own a 1st model & the ejection system is the same as the Early Webleys. So if you take a closer look @ the OC Young Auction page @ the 1st Model @ the top of the page & the 2nd Model listed closer to the bottom of the page you'll see what I mean.
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
 :uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com