Author Topic: 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers May 23rd - 25th, 2008  (Read 15738 times)

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
2008 Prince of the Pistoleers May 23rd - 25th, 2008
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:53:38 AM »
Greetings

On behalf of the Powder Creek Cowboys, please allow me to extend an invitation to you to participate in this year’s Prince of the Pistoleers Cowboy Action Shooting tournament.  A full schedule of competition will take place May 23rd, 24th, and 25th and will be the premier cowboy action shooting event of the year in the Kansas City area.

The Prince of the Pistoleers CAS™ tournament takes place in the former Monticello Township, of which James Butler “Wild Bill” Hickok was its first Town Constable.  Friday May 23rd will get you warmed up with a full schedule of exciting side matches including Cowboy Trap and Skeet.  The CAS tournament begins Saturday May 24th and concludes Sunday May 25th.  In addition, participants will be treated to breakfast and lunch and a Grand Banquet with special entertainment Saturday evening at the historic Old Shawnee Town & Museum.

Shawnee was the site of the first territorial legislature and home to the first territorial governor. Located at the intersection of early military and territorial roads leading to the Santa Fe Trail, Shawnee also became the first county seat of Johnson County. In 1862, Shawnee found itself in the middle of Civil War border struggles.  The town was virtually destroyed, when it was burned and looted by southern guerillas led by William Quantrill just months before his Infamous raid on Lawrence.

This year’s match is limited to 80 shooters.  In order to secure a place on a posse, I urge you to complete and submit a match registration as soon as possible.  Please note that we are offering a number of incentives, like half entry fee to encourage your spouse to strap on their six-guns and free entry for the younger shooters at this year’s event when accompanied by a registered adult competitor. 

The match will take place at Hodgdon’s Powder Creek CAS range located within the Powder Creek Shooting Park located in Lenexa, Kansas.  Tournament application and directions to the range can be found on our web site www.powdercreekcowboys.org

The Powder Creek Cowboys’ herculean efforts these past years has resulted in a truly unique range, including reproductions of Coffeyville’s Condon Bank, Ellsworth’s Old Reliable House Mercantile and Abilene's famous Alamo Saloon. This year’s Prince of the Pistoleers tournament promises to be the premier Cowboy Action Shooting and social event of the year for the Kansas City area.  We heartily encourage you to join us for this year’s Prince of the Pistoleers, Friday May 23rd through Sunday May 25th, 2008.

Your loyal and obedient servant,

Tame Bill
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers May 23rd - 25th, 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
  Bill; do you have a link to an entry form?
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
Trap:

The Web Master is working on the link and page as I write.  All past Prince of the Pistoleers competitors will be receiving a special invitation in the mail sometime in the next ten days. 

Your pard,

TB
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:43:03 PM »

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 12:59:47 AM »
Ya' lookin' for vendors?  What kind of vendor area is there andis there a fe for vendors to set up?  What does it cost to shoot ?
Thanks
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »
BVH:

Send me an email and I will send you a vendor packet when I return from the SHOT Show next Wednesday.

TB

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
BTT

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
For those of you who have never visited the Powder Creek Cowboys, here is the latest photo of our CAS range - Hodgdon’s Powder Creek.  http://webzoom.freewebs.com/tamebill/P1020568-3.jpg

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »
Tame Bill

I'm trying to work it out so I could come out...
If you'll look at my post Wild & not so Crazy idea...http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,20075.0.html

Dr. Bob sent your link, he said he might join me

could I get a invitation and directions and how far from Wichita assuming I flight in Friday the 23rd. ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »
Major 2

Sorry for being tardy with this reply, but I have been out of pocket turkey hunting in west Texas and had to drive home due to American Airlines.  I will get you the requested information tonight.

TB

BTW: I thought some might enjoy a closer shot of the Old Reliable House mercantile. Mercantile Stage #4

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
BREAKING NEWS
The Powder Creek Cowboys are proud to announce that CZ-USA, a leader in firearms manufacturing since 1936, is once again the Principle Match Sponsor of the 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers CAS tournament.  Hodgdon Powder Company has also agreed to sponsorship of our tournament in addition to their longstanding partnership in constructing our unique CAS range. Munden Enterprises, Recollections, and Starline Brass have agreed to stage sponsorships to support this year's Prince of the Pistoleers.

We will try to accommodate all who make application to compete as long as we receive your application postdated no later than May 15th, 2008.  Thank you CZ-USA and Hodgdon Powder Company for your generous support of CAS and the 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers! Prince of the Pistoleers

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 05:59:14 AM »
!News Release!
The Powder Creek Cowboys are proud to announce that Midland Radio Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri, is the latest sponsor of the 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers. Midland Radio Corporation is the first manufacturer of CB radios in the U.S., the first to introduce FRS radio to the U.S. and the first to break the long-range GMRS barrier. Midland is the leading manufacturer of NOAA, Public Alert certified, All Hazards Weather Alert radios. Midland is also a long running sponsor of End of Trail, the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting. The Powder Creek Cowboys thank Midland Radio Corporation for their support.
There are a limited number of openings left so we hope to see you at the 2008 Prince of the Pistoleers. Powder Creek Cowboys

Offline Paola Slick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »
As President of the Powder Creek Cowboys, I invite you to come in and look at our website www.powdercreekcowboys.org 

We are expecting a "full house" at our Prince of the Pistoleers Match next month.  The entry form is posted on our website and it needs to be completed and sent in the next 2 weeks to assure you a place on one of the four posses.

Don't put off your entry as you will be able to shoot our side matches on Friday as well as Trap and Skeet on Saturday.  We'll be shooting 4 main matches each on Saturday and Sunday with Lunch both Saturday and Sunday and Breakfast on Sunday morning from an authentic Chuck Wagon cooked over open flames.  The coffee will be the best you've ever tasted.  All we need is a tin cup to relive the days of the old west cattle drive.

The award dinner and costume contest will be held on Saturday evening at "Old Shawnee Town" which is a reproduction of the area at the time of the move west.  We are in a suburb of Kansas City and all the features of the area are in easy driving distance which include many large shopping malls, Discount houses such as Cosco and Sam's so if your spouse is more into shopping than shooting, she'll be able to spend all the time and money she desires and still be able to come back and get you in time for a nap.

If you like to shoot Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays, Powder Creek Shooting Park is open to the public and you are welcome to any of the above after you've done your Cowboy Thing.  It's just another feature that makes our match that much more attractive.

You'll never meet a bunch of Cowboys and Cowgirls that are as friendly as our bunch.  Come out and make us prove it!

Best wishes,
Paola Slick
President
Best wishes,
Paola Slick

Offline Asa Smith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 09:28:43 PM »
Come join the fun !!
"Family is what counts, everybody else is just strangers"  Cowboys are family !!!

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

BTT

Offline Asa Smith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
Its going to be another GREAT Shoot !!!
 :o
"Family is what counts, everybody else is just strangers"  Cowboys are family !!!

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »

This year’s Prince of the Pistoleers is the BEST CAS shooting value on the High Plains bar none!  Hodgdon’s Powder Creek Cowboy Action Shooting™ range is located on the western edge of the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area.  Our range is minutes away from lodging, dining, entertainment and some of the Midwest finest shopping including Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops.

This year’s tournament theme is Heroes and Villains of the Reel West featuring fun and innovative shooting scenarios.  All targets meet and exceed SASS minimum size standards and are placed in close, out in the open and for you Soot Lords painted in such a manner as to be readily seen through the billowing clouds of grey white smoke.

During the tournament, outstanding chuck wagon meals (Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast and lunch) are included.  This year’s banquet (included) is being held in the Old Shawnee Town Museum    Old Shawnee Town is an outdoor museum recreating the State's earliest town, Shawnee was also the site of the first territorial legislature, and home to the first territorial governor. Located at the intersection of early military and territorial roads leading to the Santa Fe Trail, Shawnee also became the first county seat of Johnson County. In 1862, Shawnee found itself in the middle of Civil War border struggles.  The town was virtually destroyed, when it was burned and looted by southern guerillas led by William Quantrill just months before his infamous raid on Lawrence.  An outstanding meal will be catered and a cash bar will be available.  Make sure you bring your camera as this outdoor museum provides a number of historic old west buildings as backdrops for your photography.

Everyone is a winner! The Prince of the Pistoleers recognizes more SASS categories than any other annual match in the Midwest.  Those fortunate enough to earn top recognition in their category receive some of the finest awards of any CAS tournament up to and including End of Trail!

With gasoline and travel costs skyrocketing, doesn’t it make sense to get the absolute best value for your CAS dollar?  There are still a limited number of entries available so go to www.powdercreekcowboys.org and sign up today!

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

:)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »
  Bill , left a ? 4 U on CAS events
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:55 AM »
Trap,

Did you receive my response?

TB

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 10:16:48 AM »
   yes    Thank you!
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com