Author Topic: Jesse James Movie.  (Read 9334 times)

Offline Tubac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jesse James Movie.
« on: January 08, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
Gents,
What in the world happened to the Brad Pitt Jesse James movie.
 It opened in Tucson and was gone in couple of days.
Did it bomb that badly?

Tubac
from the Confederate Territory of Arizona

Offline dakotaranger

• Citizen
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
Re: Jesse James Movie.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:13 AM »
It was ok-to-good, but I don't know that I would really watch it more than three times. 
If the pen is truely mightier than the sword, they why do so many people weild crayons

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »
It looks like the DVD of this movie will come out around the end of February 2008.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:54:18 PM »

Offline Kinda Sudden

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
It looks like the DVD of this movie will come out around the end of February 2008.

February 5th

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
How do Gents

I can't believe I missed Jesse James at the movies , I kept waiting and looking , saw the advertisment, they talked about it coming out in October 2007 , but their was never a listing at the show , I was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, and now I find out , it will be out in Feb, in DVD, what A bumer, I'll buy the DVD, and then I can whach it ever I want to. ::) ??? >:( :( :o ??? I think we have some anti Western dudes out there in the movie biz, that need to be talked to.

Ten Wolves  :'( :-\ :P ;)
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »
I don't think it's that, at all.

When a movie bombs - and this one did - they head straight to DVD...

'3:10 to Yuma' is right on its heels.

The general public 'likes' Westerns - they just don't like them a lot.

The fact that both were made speaks well of the producers, but if they're not supported, they fail at the box office.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »
I will be watching for the Jesse James DVD to comes out in Feb.  I am anxious to see Comanche Moon tomorrow night.  The Texas Rangers are an important part of Texas history. They are special to me as a part of our history and the fact that I have been fortunate enough to work with them as a fellow law enforcement officer. I have seen some of the promos and it looks pretty good.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Kinda Sudden

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
They were both made for a limited viewing audience on a very limited budget. Nothing unusual about the fast DVD sales. Hollywood is adapting, which is not really good or bad news. ??? At least we got something new.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 06:15:47 PM »
     It is still playing in our small town up in northern CA.  I don't ken to theaters but agreed to take my wife tomorrow night.  Our Saturday morning ritual is to wake up and pop on AMC or TCM and watch westerns.  Some of them we've seen a million times, but it's just what we do.  I endured the theater for "Yuma" as well and I thought it was worth it.  Westerns disapear for awhile, but they never die.  There was a good spurt in the 80's that were aimed toward a younger crowd and some notibles in the 90's (the Unforgiven and the Quick and the Dead come to mind).  I'll pass on my thoughts after we see Jesse.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »
Bought the DVD and watched it last night. For me it was a difficult movie to watch. Some parts were good but too many slow and unnecessary scenes in my opinion.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
I saw the HD version at Walmart yesterday however, the regular DVD version hasn't arrived as of noon yesterday.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »
I have mine on order in BluRay from netflix.  Then I will decide if I want to add it to my library.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
Yes, this movie is already out on DVD.  Have one and will watch it for the first time this week-end.  From what I've heard from some of my friends who have seen the moivie, my ice fishing trip on Saturday will be more fun than the movie.  We'll see.

Adios,
Buck

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 12:18:53 PM »
Remember "The Alamo" with Billy Bob.  The quintessential bomb at the box office, but IMHO a great movie that I waited for more than a year to get released and almost missed because it was out of the theatres in a week.  If my livelihood was dependent on doing things right instead of cranking out the lowest form of drivel for the masses, I'd be broke.

I figure if Jesse James bombed, it must be good.  Spoken like a true elitist snob. ;)

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »
Remember "The Alamo" with Billy Bob.  The quintessential bomb at the box office, but IMHO a great movie that I waited for more than a year to get released and almost missed because it was out of the theatres in a week.  If my livelihood was dependent on doing things right instead of cranking out the lowest form of drivel for the masses, I'd be broke.

I figure if Jesse James bombed, it must be good.  Spoken like a true elitist snob. ;)

BP

My livelyhood is dependant on doing things right.  Somedays I look around and wonder wear I went wrong.
     Bomb movies usualy are great, Jessie will be worth a watch.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline kurt250

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
just finish the jesse james movie. i thought it was a  bit slow in some places but overalla good movie. it does show jesse as real person, and as a thug, theif, and killer. which i find refreshing for a change. he was a dangerous person who at a drop of a hat turn agenst you. i have always felt the hero making of somany villians in our history have been media b.s. more then fact. i think jesse james., and most of the other hero outlaws got what they had coming. kurt250

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
They should have titled it "The Dirty Little Coward" or just "Bob Ford".
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 03:24:08 PM »
The most I can say for this film is that they did a good job makin us hate Bob Ford.  With the way he talked and acted an his overall motivation, I wanted to shoot him maself on general principal. 
     As Frank James said early in the movie, "you give me the creeps, stay away"
     I am glad that they showed Jesse backshoot a man, it made the part where he took off his rig before dustin the picture knowin what was goin to happin seem just in some way--like he felt he had it comin an knew he deserved it.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Sgt. Eli

• Very Active Citizen
  • areeba
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
I read the book first so I knew what to expect from the movie, I liked it, liked it more the second time I watched it.
~Marion County Renegades~
TG for Lakewood Marshals
Guns of August Midwest Regional~1st Classic Cowboy~2007
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2006
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2007
Missouri State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2004
Tennessee State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2008

Offline piebiter

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 12:28:47 PM »
I have the movie and have watched it a couple of times. In fact, I think that it is one of those movies that requires watching more than once or twice to really get the feel of it. It is dark and brooding and not exactly action packed. However, it is worth the effort to see and in time it may become a classic for the way it was filmed. Casey Affleck was outstanding as Bob Ford.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com