Author Topic: Plainsman Rifle  (Read 3438 times)

Offline chas_harsbro

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Plainsman Rifle
« on: December 15, 2004, 03:57:51 PM »
I rarely shoot Plainsman, but used a Handi-Rifle last year at our local club match. I can't seem to tell from the rule book (SASS) whether a Handi-Rifle is always OK for Plainsman or if there is a case where you need to use a rifle without the ejectors...?
(Subconscoiusly, I may be trying to build a case to buy a Baby Rolling Block in .44WCF!!) ;D

Charlie Harsbro

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: Plainsman Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 04:06:30 PM »
(Subconscoiusly, I may be trying to build a case to buy a Baby Rolling Block in .44WCF!!) ;D

Charlie Harsbro
Well, in that case, the Handi-rifle with an ejector is NOT OK for plainsman.  ;D  ;) But seriously, the ejector can be disabled so it will just extract the shell. I did that to my Buff Classic, which is just a fancy Handi-rifle. If you want to know how, I will find the instructions for you.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline chas_harsbro

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 06:28:10 PM »
Thanks Slim...I have those instructions on a disk somewhere. But i didn't disable them because I was told (at our match) that the rifle was OK as is. I think the ejector equipped HandiRifle may be OK for Plainsman, but I don't know if I'm interpreting the rule book right. At our local match we may just be letting Handi-Rifles slide......not sure.
Anyway, I can easily think of another reason to get a Rolling BLock in .44WCF.......let's see, jackrabbit hunting...yeah, that's it!
Charlie

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:52:29 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 11:52:09 AM »
Thanks Slim...I have those instructions on a disk somewhere. But i didn't disable them because I was told (at our match) that the rifle was OK as is. I think the ejector equipped HandiRifle may be OK for Plainsman, but I don't know if I'm interpreting the rule book right. At our local match we may just be letting Handi-Rifles slide......not sure.
Anyway, I can easily think of another reason to get a Rolling BLock in .44WCF.......let's see, jackrabbit hunting...yeah, that's it!
Charlie
Jack medicine!  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com