Author Topic: Fitting TruIvory grips  (Read 2807 times)

Offline ChuckS1

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fitting TruIvory grips
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »
I'm waiting on a ANIB Pre-War that I just bought on an auction site for what I thought was a good price.  while I like the hard rubber grips, I was thinking that a set of TruIvory grips would be nice.

Has anybody bought grips from TruIvory and fit the grips themselves?  If so, how much hand fitting I should expect to have to do and should I get the Colt clone grips or the genuine Colt grips?  I imagine there will be some fitting with either, but am thinking that if it's too much of a pain, I'd just as soon send them to TruIvory and let them do it.

Thanks.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fitting TruIvory grips
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
The Tru-Ivory grips are sweet!  I highly recommend them.  I really like the color of the slightly aged ones.  I have another little sixgun that I wanted the Fleur de Lis grips on when I ordered it, not from USFA, I know shame shame, but USFA does not have this particular model.  Anyhow, the grips did not come installed, they just came loose packaged.  I had to fit them, which really was alot simpler than I thought it was going to be, but the difficulty came in gluing the halves together as it was to be a one piece grip.  All in all it was rather simple.  No grip is going to be a direct add-on, so some fitting is usually needed.  The Tru-Ivory grips are worth it, and if you are patient, it is worth it to have them fit them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com