Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448576 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #1180 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:32 PM »

when you get in office, I'm gonna get me one of these goose guns   ;D

I think one of my GI Joes when I was a boy had a gun like that. ;D ;D

Evenin' pards.  Man, the place goes down and you just feel the need to chat it up.  What?  Were you all waiting at the computer like the shoppers were at the store on Friday morning?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1181 on: November 27, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »

One of the guys at work has that picture tacked to his door.

must be a goose hunter  ;D ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1182 on: November 27, 2007, 08:31:01 PM »
I think one of my GI Joes when I was a boy had a gun like that. ;D ;D

Evenin' pards.  Man, the place goes down and you just feel the need to chat it up.  What?  Were you all waiting at the computer like the shoppers were at the store on Friday morning?

went to a prison riot in 1973 with the Oklahoma National Guard,  we were sitting outside the 12 fence looking in, the generator went off for maybe 10 seconds or less, when it came back on there were a couple dozen of the prisoners climbing the chain link fence. 
kinda reminded me of that

Advertising

« Reply #1183 on: Today at 12:53:30 AM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1183 on: November 27, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »
What?  Shoppers trying to get in the stores on Friday or pards trying to get on CasCity? ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1184 on: November 28, 2007, 03:05:50 AM »

We got

COFFEE

COFFEE

or

CAWFEE!!

He'p yerselves....  ;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1185 on: November 28, 2007, 04:20:02 AM »
Wahooooooooooo CAWFEEE!!!

OT they are running about 1500-1800 here in VA.

That thar goose gun is a fomrer WWI through early WWII tank killer.

They are being made into 50 cal rifles for those that can afford them by a few companies here in the US.

Fun but way expensive fun!!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1186 on: November 28, 2007, 04:34:29 AM »
Thanks for the coffee.

Looks like that goose gun would be useful for the Texas Star at Balck Creek!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1187 on: November 28, 2007, 04:40:25 AM »
Me thinks one of these could be fun. ;)

http://www.backyardartillery.com/machinegun/
I'll have to have my boss get one for the printroom.

My next project.  ::)  ;)

Slim
It'll keep you out of trouble.  At least till it's built then all bets are off. ;)

OT, The P90 is on my drool list.  I don't usually like black guns as I prefer the wood an steel.  That one just does it for me.  Don't know why.  If MA did not STILL HAVE AWB  >:( and restrict the mag to 10 rounds, I'd be saving my pennies to own one.

Think PR had a good point about next elections>>>>>Vote for me ;D
I saw this and I saw the little quote under you avitar.  Are you gonna be Prez from horseback.  I can see it now, you riding in to the House or Senate.  Or the "We interupt this broadcast for an important message from the Prez.  We bring you now to the Oval Horse Barn...".   ;D  In alot of ways it would be a change for the better.

Thanks for the CAWFEE.

I pulled outta work yesterday and my car started shakin' all over the road.  I broke the rocker arm passenger side rear tire.  It happened whilst I was on my way to Lowes to buy one of them thar LED flashlights.  I thank God that it happened on a hardly used road instead of the highway I was on twice last month.  It happened on a warm sunny day at 1pm in stead of 4am.  It happened whilst my kids were NOT in the car.  Yeah I could complain that it happened, but the car is 14 years old and thing break...that life.  God was looking out for me and I'm greatful.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: November 28, 2007, 04:59:03 AM »
Fer the love of Paulette, y’all know whut time it is? Geezzzzz. Keep it down.

Stoney………..

Excactly what is a ‘rocker arm passenger side rear tire’? A rocker arm is an engine part ‘n a tire is……….. a tire……..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1189 on: November 28, 2007, 05:35:17 AM »
Fer the love of Paulette, y’all know whut time it is? Geezzzzz. Keep it down.

Stoney………..

Excactly what is a ‘rocker arm passenger side rear tire’? A rocker arm is an engine part ‘n a tire is……….. a tire……..

I'm only repeating the term used by the tow truck guy.  The part that broke is similar to a tie rod only it's the rear tire so it's not called a tie rod.  When I showed to to the tow guy he called it a rocker arm.  Guess he was full of it.  ::) 

I know very little about cars.  That's why I have a trustworthy machanic.  ;D  He's saved me big money because he always calls with options before he does the work.  For example.  The blower on our van stopped working on speeds 1, 2, 3, and 4.  Now it has 5 or off.  If it was just the resistor the part is $40.  It turned out to be the entire unit.  No after market available and the new unit is $300 plus $40 for the resistor.  He called and told me the bill would be $500 for parts and labour.  I did not have the money.  He put it all back together.  $0.  Other local garages would have charged the $75/hour labor just for diagnosis.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1190 on: November 28, 2007, 05:59:59 AM »
 It's like going to Starbucks, got a choice of beans this morning...................... Thank's Tenzzzz
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1191 on: November 28, 2007, 06:53:11 AM »
thanks fer the Coffee

37 here this morning, partly cloudy, 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1192 on: November 28, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
OT,  I remember that riot at Big Mac. It is a shame that they had to quit using the old part of the original Territorial Prison.  That's the way prisons ought to be today.  I always enjoy seeing that place and remembering how things were.  I am planning on going back up there and attend the prison rodeo.  They quit the one at Huntsville about 30 years ago.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: November 28, 2007, 07:11:56 AM »
Cleaning out some stuff yesterday came across a "DigiLight."
'Bout 4" long, carry case (belt type), lanyard cord and some spare rubber O rings for it. Really heavy metal case. Have no idea where it came from, says "Carolina Cup" and IDPA on it, could have been a gift I suppose.

Took it out last night when I let the dawg out, sure does punch a hole in the dark!

This one has the switch on the back end. Powered by 2 short 3v Lithium batteries.

www.digilightusa.com

Type "flashlight" in the search box  :o
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: November 28, 2007, 07:28:56 AM »
TL, I always enjoyed going to the Prison Rodeo, they always put on a good show. that was the first Rodeo that I took my wife to.  first one she had ever seen.  almost every year we talk about going, just haven't had the chance

saw a lot of down to the prison riot, it always amazed me how much of it burned and how much the Prisoners destroyed.

best show of the whole thing was watching a German Shepperd move the violent criminals from one yard to another,  they had tried threating them with guns, teargas and anything else to make them move, they wouldn't, they brought in that German Sheppard, had a big chrome studded harness on, he made em move.  he did everything that trainer told him perfectly, one of em didn't move or was slow, he got a hold of a leg or butt and they moved right on.   ;D  they knew his were'nt just idle threats, he meant it,

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1195 on: November 28, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
Mornin' got to yell at two folks already this mornin' durn it felt good. ;D  Got a call on the house phone, checked, not an 800 or such, some bussiness, thought it might be something for Rita's side bizzness.  Said hello twice, was going to hang it up, when a lady came on, asked for Mr. Carman, nope not here, can I help you.

Well she said she wanted to talk to him about a product for his septic tank.  I then told her I screen my calls that way and asked her why in the H377 I would want a product for a septic tank when I was hooked up to a city sewer and was not quiet or nice about it .  She said sorry and hung up.

Well guess what, I had a number, called it, got a differnt lady, receptionist I guess, asked her if there was anyone there but idiot tellamarketer.  She said yes, why, told her the danged tellamarketers didn't have enough brains not to bother me when I didn't even have a septic tank.  She said they didn't mean to bother folks.  Well then I really went off on her, told her the only thing I hated worse that a tellamarketer was a liar, and anyone who did tellamarketers wanted to bother folks so that made her a liar.  Anyway my name is off their list and I told her I marked the date and company in my little book and if they called again I would turn it over to the FCC.  No book, but have never had one call back that I told that too.

Did I ever meantion I hate tellamarketers? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »
Whatever, Stoney. Glad ya didn’t wreck it ‘n hope the repair bill is reasonable.

The dogs were very good at movin’ people. Rarely did anyone want to stand up to ‘em. We’d just start walkin’ that way with ‘em on leash ‘n they’d disperse. There were times you couldn’t get ‘em outtah the truck before folks would scatter. All ya did was drive up. Most of the bangers couldn’t read very well but they understood the ‘K-9’ decals on the Ramchargers.

Course that was in the seventies when ya could actually use ‘em ‘n get a dog-bite without the lawyers goin’ sterile.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #1197 on: November 28, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tensleep.

Looks like that goose gun would be useful for the Texas Star at Balck Creek!  ;D
Ya just need a "Mighty Ten".  ;D

He sure does look after us, Stoney.

'Tis 28 and cloudy. High of 39. 40% chance of snow.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1198 on: November 28, 2007, 09:42:16 AM »
Mornin' Fellas,

Thanks for the Coffee (four different kinds this morning, gonna spoil us!)

Pretty girl, I’m gonna tell ya.  Thinkin’ some of the best drivers in the whole wide werld are here.  If they weren’t this place wouldn’t be nothin’ but one big nasty pile up.

Unfortunately, we got a handful of discourteous, selfish, cell phone usin’, inattentive, ‘I pay my taxes I’ll drive anyway I want’, bunch of jerks thrown in to foul it up for everyone else.

Ya never know. Went ta the bank earlier. 45 mph zone, four lane, divided. Usually, in traffic, yer lucky ta get ta 35. Little traffic. I was runnin’ 55 ‘n some fool passed me like I was tied to a post.

Here they do that to whilst reading the newspaper or maps and putting on make up.  ::)

Have a great day and stay safe!!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1199 on: November 28, 2007, 10:11:05 AM »
I'd hazard a guess that the car has IRS and it's a control arm of some sort.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com