Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448485 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #1140 on: November 26, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »
I have one of the Mag-Lites with six D Cells, a bit heavy but is great for prowlin' around the farm at night.  With the kryton bulbs it will reflect off a stop sign a 1/4 mile away, you can light up a coyote out 200-300 yards away enough the other guy can get the cross hairs on it.  I've had it 25 years this spring, I carry it tucked beside me under the edge of the pick-up seat, never know when you may need a club flashlite.

They have a deal right now you buy a pair of Wolverine boots you get one of those little led ones, should see if they have any extras I could have.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1141 on: November 26, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
Heck, yer wearin’ that blazer. Somebody’ll be hawkin’ what I got at the next show. Get three. Drop one in each pocket then carry a two or three cell conventional Mag for bustin’ heads when needed. My folks ain’t allowed ta do that no more. Sure did werk good while it lasted.

I’m here ta tell ya that’s a lot of light in a little package with the LED thing. But yer right, eighty is way too much.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1142 on: November 26, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »
Heck, yer wearin’ that blazer. Somebody’ll be hawkin’ what I got at the next show. Get three. Drop one in each pocket then carry a two or three cell conventional Mag for bustin’ heads when needed. My folks ain’t allowed ta do that no more. Sure did werk good while it lasted.

I’m here ta tell ya that’s a lot of light in a little package with the LED thing. But yer right, eighty is way too much.

Use to be more threat seenin a cop with a 4 cell Maglight, than one with a Model 12 ;D
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #1143 on: Today at 10:55:40 PM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1143 on: November 26, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
we've got 3 of them  LED lights that we use out in the turkey houses when we first get the birds in, we keep the lights off the first 5 days and nights.  they sure work good,  ours have the 3  AAA batteries, think they were $6  each down at the Bearing place.

got 3 of the Mag lights too but these LED are so small and handy, fits any pocket
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1144 on: November 26, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
That's them, OT.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1145 on: November 26, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
 The batteres must side  x side x side
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1146 on: November 26, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
yeah, they are side by side by side  ;D  the only problem we had one of the lights, original batteries leaked, I took it all apart and cleaned out the acid and replaced the batteries nothing else, but if I got one I'd check and see if the bateries were little green batteries with chinese writing on em.

I'd change em out to some good ones  ;D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1147 on: November 26, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »
They’re in a cylindrical carrier, side by side.

Mine had the batteries with funny stuff wrote on 'em but they hadn't leaked. The wimmen have theirs in the cars. Better tell 'em ta check.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1148 on: November 26, 2007, 03:40:23 PM »
When Susie was doin' security, she had a four-cell Mag lite. Nasty little noggin' knocker. Carried it in a belt ring probably meant for a night stick. She had a night stick too. She was a good officer, they just didn't appreciate what they had. Made it up to Sargent at a couple of posts she was on......................Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1149 on: November 26, 2007, 05:18:49 PM »
well the temp made it up to 40 today, sprinkled a couple of times, supposed to clear out tonight be down to 27 degrees

Jackie cooked up a big pot of Menudo today,  had a big ole bowl, good stuff add a few cut up onions the squeezing of a quartered lemon and a few warmed corn tortillas, sure is good on a cool day.  ;D

it'll almost make ya break into a slight sweat.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1150 on: November 27, 2007, 03:44:20 AM »

HOT FRESH CAWFEE, COME AN' GIT IT!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1151 on: November 27, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
thanks fer the Coffee

29 this morning, looks like the sun's gonna shine today, supposed to warm up a little today

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1152 on: November 27, 2007, 06:34:53 AM »
Thanks for the Cawfee. 

Seeing those lights AND having just read about lights in my NRA mag AND the fact that my mini mag is AWOL, I'm going to start shopping for a little light.

Might be I can convince Santa to put it in my stocking.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1153 on: November 27, 2007, 08:19:03 AM »
Mornin’.

The fast is over. Bloods been drawn. Think this is the best coffee I’ve ever had.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1154 on: November 27, 2007, 08:32:16 AM »
I'm up, got coffee on, who broke CaS-city, come on, someone fess up. ::)  T'was a slow night at work, had to be there till 9 and no Cas-City.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1155 on: November 27, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »
DEAD CHICKENS' REVENGE!!!!!!!

20-mile long chicken fat spill ties up U.S. 13
 By CINDY CLAYTON, The Virginian-Pilot
© November 27, 2007 | Last updated 9:42 AM Nov. 27

ACCOMAC

A Perdue truck spilled chicken fat along a 20-mile stretch of U.S. 13 this morning causing several crashes and a big, smelly mess.

As far as Virginia State Police can tell, the spill started about 6 a.m. just north of Accomac and ended when the driver of the truck stopped at the scales at New Church, said Sgt. Joe Bunting of the state police.

Employees at the scales noticed the slippery, smelly substance leaking from the truck and notified the driver, Bunting said. 

Virginia Department of Transportation crews are sanding the road and had made several passes by 9 a.m., Bunting said.

"The Perdue people have remediation teams being mustered," Bunting said. "With each coat of sand, it's getting better and better, but it's going to take many coats of sand."

"It smells bad," Bunting said, adding that the cleanup effort could take most of the day.

A valve on the truck apparently was loose when the driver left the plant this morning, Bunting said.

"There was a window of time there when this truck is dropping his load and these people, they put their brakes on and it's like black ice," Bunting said.

One car hit a utility pole and the driver had to be taken to a hospital, Bunting said. At least three other vehicles crashed, but no one involved suffered life-threatening injuries. Other drivers probably skidded or went spinning on the slippery fat, then went on their way, he added.

The driver, who was headed to Maryland, was cited for failing to properly secure his load, Bunting said. After closing the valve on the truck while it was at the scales, he was allowed to leave.

"Had he not been intercepted at the scales, it would have been a bigger mystery," Bunting said.

Many of the drivers who slipped or skidded probably didn't realize what the substance was, Bunting said.

"Thank heavens, you know, the time of day that it was, that we were able to get on top of it," Bunting said. "VDOT got right out of here on top of it. Otherwise, it probably would have been a whole lot worse."

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1156 on: November 27, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
Mornin' Fellas,
Thanks for the Coffee. (It's good enough to capitilize this morning.)  ;)

I'm up, got coffee on, who broke CaS-city, come on, someone fess up. ::)  T'was a slow night at work, had to be there till 9 and no Cas-City.

It's no fun when you can't check and see what kind of trouble yer pards are getting into is it?  :D

We have some of those LED lights. They are great. WW and my Dad have one that straps over their baseball cap, or just on yer head. I don't think it would fit over a Cowboy hat but it might..would have to check it out. It's nice because it's hands free. WW uses it to work on the cars mostly, dad does his outside chores with it....wouldn't be no good for defending oneself unless you blind someone with it. We found it in a sportings good store. I'm thinking it's something the mountain climbers used at the time but we've had them for a while now. If I remember right they were around $20 or so.

Arcey were there alot of crazies on the road yesterday? I heard it was cyber monday and everyone was supposed to be shopping from their computers.  :D

Stay safe!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #1157 on: November 27, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tensleep.

Got home 'round 5 PM yesterday. Tried to come here after supper. Got an error.

I'll have to go back and catch up. Y'all were gabby.  ;D

'Tis 17, sunny, and blustery. High of 20. "Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #1158 on: November 27, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
Finally finished my Honey-Do project, here's a couple of pictures!

Real nice, Tom. Where'd ya get the tin?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #1159 on: November 27, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
Mornin' pards. Thanks for the coffee, Sleep. We still have guests but they'll be leaving early Thursday. Maybe things will get back to normal. Although they're good to have around, it does take up a lot of our time. Well, off again. Talk to ya later on.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com