Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448635 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #600 on: November 14, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
          :)
 :)     :)     :)
1 on 1, 2 on 2, 1 on 3, 2 on 2, 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 1 on 3

Total 10 for a Gonzales sweep (Nevada sweep with double tap on center target each pass)

I’d use that…….

Kindah want my shooters thinkin’, not rememberin’.  January is my turn again.  Been messin’ with it.

Stage 1 – Left

10 Pistol & Rifle 2 Scattergun

2 pistols loaded with 5 each HDEC and holstered.  Rifle loaded with 10 HDEC on the rest in the door way. 

Shotgun held no higher than waist level LOADED WITH NO MORE THAN 2 SHELLS AT THE RO’S DIRECTION NOT BEFORE.

Shooter shouts, with feeling and emotion, “We had ta pay for it!”, then waits for the beep.

On the beep, flatten the two shotgun KDs.  Make shotgun safe and discard on the rest.

Draw a pistol, any pistol.  Double tap two of the white targets and single the other. Return pistol to leather HDFC.

Grab the rifle and shoot at, with the intention of hitting, the four black targets with at least two consecutive shots on each in a sweep until empty.  Make rifle safe and return to the rest.

Draw the other pistol.  Double tap two of the white targets and single the other. Return pistol to leather HDFC.

Stage over.  Follow the RO’s directions.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #601 on: November 14, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »
well got all the cakeing out done, got both houses shavings pushed up, then the bottom fell out of the temperature.  was 72 at noon, it's 55 right now with a stout North wind, supposed to be down around freezing in the monring, but it's supposed to a quick cool down,  back up in the high 60's by Friday,

guess I'll haul in some fire wood and get ready to build a little fire tonight.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #602 on: November 14, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »
The other night my truck cranked a little slow, started thinking it's a '99 Still got factory power pack.  I went into town and picked up another. That and a air filter $120. I know the replacement battery won't last nearly as long as the manufactors.  Now to round up the proper tools. 
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #603 on: Today at 02:01:53 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #603 on: November 14, 2007, 02:22:12 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D         ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                          ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D            ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tommy gun stage, one 50 round drum. ::)

Yep, glad they didn't didn't wait till Sunday to sight in.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »
Arcey, as a gunfighter do you return both pistols to leather after 5 rounds, or just shoot one pistol at a time.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2007, 02:53:07 PM »
Arcey, as a gunfighter do you return both pistols to leather after 5 rounds, or just shoot one pistol at a time.

Gunfighters will have to go double duelist on that.  Hate ta do it ta Will but sometimes ya wanna split the pistols.  That’ll be the only stage.  The rest he kin blast away with both fists.

Fellas it’s really nice out.  Susie already has a pork tenderloin in the oven or I’d run out ‘n find somethin’ ta grill.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2007, 03:12:13 PM »
Gunfighters will have to go double duelist on that.  Hate ta do it ta Will but sometimes ya wanna split the pistols.  That’ll be the only stage.  The rest he kin blast away with both fists.

Fellas it’s really nice out.  Susie already has a pork tenderloin in the oven or I’d run out ‘n find somethin’ ta grill.

Thanks I want to give gunfighter ago this next year.

It's starting to cloud up here but it has been in the low 70' the last couple of hours can't complain about that.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #607 on: November 14, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »
I figured my little stage would get a rise out of you Arcey!  ;D

You keep writing them stages, yours are always fun!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #608 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »
I’d use that…….
We use it a lot. Another one that is highly popular at our club is alternating the same way with 7 targets. One shot on each odd number and two on each even: 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 1 on 3, 2 on 4, 1 on 5, 2 on 6 and 1 on 7. (10 shots)

We had recently had a good stage with that order. 2 rows of 7 targets each (14 total). We usually use cowboy targets and paint one foot yellow on odd numbered targets and both feet yellow on even ones to help those who get balled up while shooting. 10 pistol, 10 rifle, 2 shotgun.

;)                   ;)                  ;)
                                                         ;)       ;)        ;)       ;)       ;)       ;)       ;)

:)                   :)                  :)
 :)       :)        :)       :)       :)       :)       :)

Position 1                                              Position 2

Start at Position 1. At the beep, do a continuous sweep using both pistols on p1 - p7 starting from either side. Holster pistols. Move to Position 2 and sweep the rifle targets, r1 - r7, in the same order. Make rifle safe. Go back to Position 1 and engage the two outside pistol targets with the shotgun.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: November 14, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »
Thanx, Tom.

Nice set, Will. The trouble we’d have is we run two stage sets ‘n we don’t have the targets ‘n stands to do it.  If we did we wouldn’t have room in the conex to store ‘em.  Although the place is members only there are still gun slobs there who’d shoot ‘em up if we didn’t lock ‘em away.

I try to use black ‘n white. White for pistol ‘n black for rifle. We have folks with problems with some colors, like me.  If I write a 4 target set for pistols directin’ one to be doubled I’ll use a cowboy or an injun.  The target will be white ‘n the hat or injun’s feather is painted black for the DT target.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: November 14, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
well it's 50 here, sure feels cool compared to the 65 we've had overnight the last few nights.  still ain't too bad, just the wind makes it feel a lot cooler when ya go outside.

gotta go get a filling replaced in the morning, dang salads, them crutons are tough on loose filings  ;D

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: November 14, 2007, 05:56:47 PM »
I don't care for gravel on my salads
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
I always get a few of them crutons but I usually chew them on the side that didn't have anything loose but ma tounge just missed this one a while back  ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #613 on: November 14, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
I never get any croutons in my salad, they keep cheatin' me and I get hunks of old dried up bread. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: November 14, 2007, 06:10:56 PM »
Watch the black olives.  Some er pitted ‘n some ain’t.  Once ya bite one not thinkin’ ya won’t no more.

Why I like Kempsville’s Greek better’n Primos.  Primos have pits, Kempsville uses sliced.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
Watch the black olives.  Some er pitted ‘n some ain’t.  Once ya bite one not thinkin’ ya won’t no more.

Why I like Kempsville’s Greek better’n Primos.  Primos have pits, Kempsville uses sliced.

Black or Green I like 'em both with or with out pits it no matter
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: November 14, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
Jackie puts black olives in most things she cooks,  she cuts em up so we're usually safe there

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »
Evenin' folks!

Glad you made it to the range, LR!

A fire sounds just right OT.  Unfortunately, my gas lawgs don't do the trick for me. :(

it was foggy when I left this morning the first time, cleared out got a nice breeze and near 70 degrees...Just perfect in my book.

Got to the State owned range this morning single shot scoped pistols only.  Shot up a bunch of heathen 44-40 rounds so I can recover the brass. Shot another bunch of cull .45's mixed powder and now can recover them as well. Many shooters sighting rifles for Monday's opening day of deer rifle season. I also shot a hand full of 12 gauge loads I'll report my finds on the Darksiders forum.

;D                                   ;D

:(           :(                         :(           :(                >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:(      :(                              :(        :(                      :o                      :o

SAam Hades Shotgun stage ;D ;D ;D   shoot till they all go down

You need to depict the sore shoulder now! ;D ;D

Olives! :P :P :P
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: November 14, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »
I like black olives on pizza's and in salads, but for straight eatin' i like the green ones with them pi-mentos in'em.  ;D Don't be puttin' no Crew-tons on my salad neither. Bacon bits, sure, but no crew-tons.
 kinda feel really crappy tonight, hope this ain't blossoming into something worse( bronchitis, or the p-word)...........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:06 PM »
Pflu?

Hope ya git better, Buck!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com