Author Topic: Thanks to Delmonico and NMOutlawCuz  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Two Rivers Marshal

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks to Delmonico and NMOutlawCuz
« on: September 02, 2007, 10:28:50 PM »
Got to break in my new cast iron dutch oven today.  Been reading alot of the posts here and wanting to try em out  Made Delmonico's Pot Roast 101 along with the triple chocolate mocha fudge cake of NM.  Haven't cooked on coals before, but a full bag of charcoal worked out pretty good.  Let it cook for around 6 hours, meat just fell apart.  Taters an carrots nice and soft.  had to add water about every hour and turned the meat in between times. Almost didnt have room for dessert, but managed to make room for it.  Was a dinner approved by all.  Will have to try some more recipes from y'all.  Thanks to both of you.  Didnt have the battery for the camera charged up to get pictures,will have to do that next time. Gonna go let all this food settle for a while.

TRM
Rats # 458

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Thanks to Delmonico and NMOutlawCuz
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »
Glad ya jumped in and tried it, pot roast is one of the best to start with.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:24 AM »
A good pot roast will make one overeat vastly.  ;D  Congrats on venturing forth with the Dutch oven. I still need to get one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Wishbone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:30:50 PM »
 ;D  Marslhal; Theres a Problem with buying One Dutch Oven. Its gets lonely then you end up with a bunch.  I have about a Dozen or so at last count & have refrained from buying more. Hard to explain to Wife now why I need another 20 Qt Oven. Someone might want me to do a Chilli feed again. I borrowed 2 Big Maca Ovens (About 5 gallon in each) & made 10 gallons of Chilli, cornbread, & cobblers. Also grilled 80 hotdogs with buns & ran out of everything. Did this two years in a Row. Whew a lot of Work & Cleaning, but worth it. Wishbone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com