Author Topic: Got a little note today...  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Got a little note today...
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:45:59 PM »
From a feller who had called me on the phone a couple months ago.

A shooter well into his "Elder Statesman" years, he has a Bond Derringer in .45, and thought maybe the Cowboy .45 Special might allow him to enjoy shooting it.  He was a bit skeptical, so I offered to send him a sample pack at a nominal fee, and I told him I'd also send along some bullets I wanted him to try.

He'd told me he wanted something that would work well with BP, so I sent him a couple dozen EPP UG bullets to try out.

So a month later he ordered a couple hundred pieces of brass, and asked where he could get some of them "cute little pills" I'd sent him.

Now I'm NOT in the bullet biz, but I know there's a shortage of ready made EPPs these days, so I gave him a price on a couple hundred out of my own stock.  He's only using em in side matches and for pure pleasure, getting plenty of BOOM, plenty of smoke and fire, and his arthritic bones tolerate the light recoil well.

Today he sent an order for the bullets, and his comments made all the headaches that are incumbent in any business venture worthwhile.

Not the biggest order, nor the most renowned shooter, but dang if it didn't make me feel good knowing I helped put a .45 back in the older gent's hands.

DD deserves half the credit.  His little EPP is a winner once again, with a little bit of FFG and the C45S cases in a Bond Derringer.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Got a little note today...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »
Thanks for the flowers AJ,

Your brass and the EPP-UG bullets work GREAT in my Lil Cannon derringer.  The gun is ugly as sin, but with that ammo it's fun to shoot.

I've sold a lot of these molds and keep them in good supply.  There are now a few custom casters like Mason and Slim out there that do sell bullets.  I've had a lot of pressure to cast some, but I'm in the mold business, not the casting business.  Besides, I won't compete with my good customers.

El Paso Pete designed a better bullet then he knew.  I donated an EPP-UG mold to be given in his honor at "Hang 'Um High" '07 where his bride, El Paso Rose, was presented with a very nice framed collection from Pete's cowboy shooting days.  Lots of shooters wanted to learn more about Pete's creation.

I'm sure glad you invented that brass.  I've been shooting my ROAs a lot more this season.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Springfield Slim

• Top Active Citizen
    • Whyte Leatherworks
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
FYI my backlog is cleared up and I am once again offering the EPP-UG. It has been on my "not available" list for the last 2 months. Hated to do that but I needed to keep the waiting down to a minimum.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:08:12 AM »

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »
FYI my backlog is cleared up and I am once again offering the EPP-UG. It has been on my "not available" list for the last 2 months. Hated to do that but I needed to keep the waiting down to a minimum.

Thanks for the update SS.  I'll pass that info along when folks ask.  I'm not in the bullet biz either, but when there was a temporary unavailability, I cast and lubed some extra along with my own stock and got em into the hands of folks eager to try the EPP UG.

I'll be very happy not to have to do that again, as the lube/size operation with the Lyman is NOT a money maker ;)
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com