Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1182955 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #1380 on: August 26, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
it was on one of Merle Haggard's albums.

I like his music, but don't have that many of his albums.  I wasn't sure if you were talking about him, Travis or Watson. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1381 on: August 26, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »
I used to have a lot of Merle Haggard, lost most of them in a divorce years back. :o >:(
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1382 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
Dernit.  I think I've got one or two greatest hit, but no real album.  I've often wondered how an artist can have two greatest hits albums.  If they call it "Vol. I" and "Vol. II" then that's understood, but many of them have five songs that are the same, but then a few different songs.  That just leaves me asking... which are really the "greatest" hits? ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #1383 on: Today at 03:33:35 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1383 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
Which e’er ones yer standin’ it the check-out with…
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: August 26, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
saw a blurb on the news the other day, said vinyl records were makeing a small comeback,  said the production had doubled since 2005 and would double again this year.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1385 on: August 27, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »
Most folks don't have record players anymore.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1386 on: August 27, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
Most folks don't have record players anymore.

I think the turntables will cost you more than a CD player these days, but I know my younger brother still has a couple and still buys LP's along with CD's.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: August 27, 2008, 07:05:59 AM »
They were saying that some of the singers would like to go back to records and not use CD's at all,  they say they lose a lot of money on CD's,  too easy to reproduce,  they think they're not as likely to reproduce a record.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1388 on: August 27, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
They got too many them music pirates other copyin' their music.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1389 on: August 27, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
The ‘arteets’ ain’t gettin’ nowhere with that. When a kid can download a single for ninety nine cents, drag ‘n drop it to their iPods then let their friends copy it, the groove yard is in the grave yard.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1390 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »
  They are looking for a different demographic...Old Hippies like us ::)

now back to the love songs

I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire, I got a cobra snake for a necktie
A brand new house on the road side, and it's a-made out of rattlesnake hide
Got a band new chimney put on top, and it's a-made out of human skull
Come on take a little walk with me baby, and tell me who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Around the town I use a rattlesnake whip, take it easy baby don't you give me no lip
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

I've got a tombstone hand and a graveyard mind, I'm just twenty-two and I don't mind dying
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Now Arlene took a-me by my hand, she said "Lonesome George you don't understand,
who do you love?"
The night were dark and the sky were blue, down the alleyway a house wagon flew
Hit a bump and somebody screamed, you should've heard what I'd seen
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Yeah, I've got a tombstone hand in a graveyard mine, just twenty-two baby I don't mind dying
Snake skin shoes baby put them on your feet, got the goodtime music and the Bo Diddley beat
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire, I got a cobra snake for a necktie
A brand new house on the road side, and it's made out of rattlesnake hide
Got a band new chimney put on top, and it's made out of human skull
Come on take a little walk with me child, tell me who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1391 on: August 27, 2008, 09:16:16 AM »
Thergood?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1392 on: August 27, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »
Thergood?

and many others....But I like the way ole George streches them strings
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1393 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »
I wonder how much smokin' and drinkin' he did to get his voice to sound that way?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1394 on: August 27, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
Bo Diddley did that one first, but Thourgood made it famous.  I still like Bo's version best.
     All George ever wanted ta do was be a minor league pitcher.  Playing guitar and singing was just a goof fer him and it made him a very rich man.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1395 on: August 27, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
BO and his Guitar were definitely BAD TO THE BONE!

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1396 on: August 27, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »
Target has a really cool deal for a turntable. They are the old tyme Crosley...You can get one for a C-note that is turntable and a cd player. for about 299.00 you can get a turntable and a cd recorder, and it is a good un. Comes with a remote, and you just push a button and it inserts the track breaks, so when you finish your cd...it has all the tracks on it. Much easier that recording thru the computer like I used to do.

Also, I checked my Hoyt Axton stuff and I don't have that album..dang it.

And Bakersfield, I grew up 63 miles north of Bakersfield. We used to see the old Cousin Herb show, with The Collins Kids, Billy Mize and a bunch of others. Cousin Herb would go out and advertise cars, and smack the car on the hood, and I swear a couple of them the bumpers almost fell off. That sure was a different time and place.

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1397 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:05 AM »
Always enjoyed goin' out to Bakersfield on extraditions. I've all around up there Visalia, Fresno all up and down 99 and I 5.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1398 on: August 28, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »
You don't wanna be in Bakersfield taday, it's about a million an two in the shade down there.  We's havin a heat wave.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1399 on: August 28, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »
Yeah ‘n NASCAR in its infinite wisdom schedules a race in Fontana. Paramedics treated, reportedly, a thousand fans there last year for heat related illnesses. The racin’ stinks on that track ‘n the crews ‘n drivers are miserable in that heat.

NASCAR, bring the Labor Day race back to South Carolina where it belongs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com