Author Topic: Best parts for 2nd gen colt navy  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Sixgun Bart

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best parts for 2nd gen colt navy
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »
Hi all,

Is there a "better" source for internal parts for a 2nd Gen Colt Navy? I want to have some spares around. My thinking was to get soe Uberti parts from Dixie or VTI.

Are there any American made mainsprings?

Thanks in advice

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Best parts for 2nd gen colt navy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »
Best parts?  There's only one source of parts--Uberti.  The Colt's were made with Uberti parts and finished in the U.S.  The Uberti mainsprings, especially the new ones, are very good and much lighter than some of the springs they installed a few years ago.  The last four Ubertis I have bought I left the stock mainspring in.  Light, but still strong enough to reliably set off the caps.  Yep, VTI is the place to get parts.

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:48:03 PM »
As Pettifogger said, the 2nd gen Colt Cap & Ball guns are made from Uberti parts.  (They are the reason Uberti changed the nipple threads to #12-28 from the previous Metric, and made the gripframe screws (almost) #8-36 (M4X0.7)).

Get parts from VTIgunparts.com.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:31:03 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com