Author Topic: Another price check..  (Read 4400 times)

Another price check..
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:27:18 AM »
Hi,

Now I need an idea of what to ask for an Uberti 73 std. Rifle in .45lc.   It's about 15 years old, not used in matches, the blueing is easily 95% and the wood has only a few light handling marks, nothing through the finish.

I'm not sure I'm gonna sell it but I have a rule that if something new comes in then something else has to go, I just bought a 73 SRC in 44-40 so the rifle might become a safe queen.  I'm gonna make sure the carbine is OK before I think about dealing the rifle...

Here is what it looks like and thanks,

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: Another price check..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:53:16 AM »
you should easily get your Carbine purchase price back.. depending on where your are, maybe better.
the only draw back is ,many are convinced 44/40 is the only caliber...
So the 45 LC might have someone look elsewhere....
Condition is the key, if it's as nice as you say, the age might have little effect.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »
I don't think you'll have a problem selling it. There are lots of people that shoot .45 Nitro loads and don't care if the cases seal the chamber.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:54:36 PM »

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:07:42 AM »
Howdy

Sounds like a dumb rule to me.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 12:24:30 PM »
Yeah, you're right. That was rude and impolite. I should have said that a I don't have a rule like that. But where I live, chances are if I sell a gun I won't be able to buy it again in the future, so I have a rule against ever selling guns.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
Ohhhhhh...I found the rule that you were talking about.  I agree with you no need to sell one just because you got another. :)

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:15 PM »
Yeah, you're right. That was rude and impolite. I should have said that a I don't have a rule like that. But where I live, chances are if I sell a gun I won't be able to buy it again in the future, so I have a rule against ever selling guns.

I agree with your take on the "rule" except I would have put one of these   ;D   after my statement.   ;D

Personally,  I dont sell any of my guns because I wanted everyone of them I bought.  Do you think that is why I will need a new safe soon?
Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 06:10:33 AM »
Never thought I'd think about selling any gun either, you can never have enough, Right??  Well, I have a bunch that never get shot and I really wanted them when I bought them.  Like that inline muzzel loader I bought 12 years ago, that has not even been out of the safe in this century..LOL (I'll stick with my traditional guns).  I don't shoot CAS, I just love the guns, most of my shooting is with originals but I want one (and a matching pistol) for my woods walks.  I'm lucky enough to have a place where I can take a walk and plink, if the carbine works out then the rifle will probably find it's way to the back of the safe.  Plus, I'm semi-retired and decided not to put any more serious $$ in guns. 

Thanks for the replys, from looking around and here I'll probably get close to what the carbine cost and that's fine..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com