Author Topic: Remington Replacement Grips  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Doctor Bill

• Top Active Citizen
  • "You ever see a scientist draw a gun?"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remington Replacement Grips
« on: November 20, 2004, 09:52:24 AM »
I currently shoot (or will when things get settled out) a pair of 1875 Remingtons and am planning on purchasing a pair of 1858 Remingtons as well.  I would like to go with something other than the stock grips ("vanity, vanity, thy name is CAS").  How about some suggestions for grips that 1) would look appropriate with blue/case coloured (the 1875s) and white (the 1858) pistols and 2) require a minimum of fitting.  I do lots of woodworking, construction, and auto and tractor repair (pre-computerization) but I don't want to jump right into a major project for the first time at this.  In other words, I don't want to pay $100 and get a box with a set of plans and block of imitation ivory in it.   :o

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doctor Bill
Remington Revolver Shooter
Warthog
League of the South
Alchemist and brewmeister extraordinaire

Offline Klondike

• Very Active Citizen
    • Cowtown Katy's Emporium
  • Liked:
Re: Remington Replacement Grips
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 10:56:23 AM »
Doc try these from Buffalo Brothers, they make a great looking grip for all guns.
http://www.buffalobrothers.net/grips/remington_grips.htm

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »
Bill,
I like to go with white grips on my blued guns and dark (black) on my silver or stainless guns.  The Buffalo Bros. grips are some of the best around.  If you went with either the white or antique for your blued 75s and black buffalo horn (faux) for that 58, you'd have some nice-lookng irons.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:50:17 PM »

Offline Charlie Montana # 16369 Life

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 04:41:13 PM »
Take a look at- -  www.truivory.com   I have 6 pairs.

Charlie

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »
I currently shoot (or will when things get settled out) a pair of 1875 Remingtons and am planning on purchasing a pair of 1858 Remingtons as well.  I would like to go with something other than the stock grips ("vanity, vanity, thy name is CAS").  How about some suggestions for grips that 1) would look appropriate with blue/case coloured (the 1875s) and white (the 1858) pistols and 2) require a minimum of fitting.  I do lots of woodworking, construction, and auto and tractor repair (pre-computerization) but I don't want to jump right into a major project for the first time at this.  In other words, I don't want to pay $100 and get a box with a set of plans and block of imitation ivory in it.   :o

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doctor Bill

Howdy Doc.

If you have some spear time on your hand, you can make a couple. This picture i send is made of moose horns, this plates is for 1860 army. 8)
You can use moose,deer,whitetail, and even cowhorn. ::)  If you have some conection's around, mabye you can get some for free :o
To pay $100 for grip's is expensive, why not make it your selfe in the first time, it's fun........very fun :D

I use rasp for horseshoes to form them, and after, just differends sand papers, to finish it, just polish them dry with a drill, no pasta.
PS: don't polish them to they get warm or hot, this will make some differends burncolors :-\**if you like them white**

Best Regards

Smokey Lonesome Norway.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 10:24:40 PM »
www.gripmaker.com is the place to get some excellent imitation ivory or stag grips. Lots of styles to choose from too.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 05:57:12 PM »
Last gunshow I attended they were selling kinfe grip scales, nice colors in "Iron" wood, reds, blues, greens. They were cheap enough, I'm tempted to play with some those to see what turns out.   ;D http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=2515.msg24638#msg24638 This is a really neat how to article all pics in a step by step way.  :o
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com