Author Topic: Posting Photos (updated)  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
Posting Photos (updated)
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:17:45 PM »
Since there is a need for all of us here to be able to share photos of our work or other interesting things, here's a how-to for you. I'll also put a link to this in the "How-To FAQ" thread so others can find it easily.

To use the image link above the text box, click on it and you will get something like this:

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
Your curser will be in the middle. Cut and paste the url for the photo or image there. An image done this way needs to be displayed somewhere online for this to work. There are sites that don't allow this to be done so it isn't 100% successful. In those cases, post a link to direct the reader to the image. I'm not sure how many photos can be put in this way, but I've seen 4 or 5 before. You get an image inserted this way:

The drawback to this method is that if the photo online ever disappears, so does the photo in your post. Photobucket photos don't show unless the person reading the post has a Photobucket account. Others are out of luck. Many have good results with imgur.com

The best way to post a picture is to choose the Additional Options... below the text window. That will open the Attach: window. On the right side of that window is a button with "Browse" written on it. Click on that and it opens a window so you can go to where you have the photo or image on your computer. Double-click on the image you want to include in your post. The maximum size is 100kb. I usually reduce mine to 640x480 or less and they always go in. If you want to put a second one in your post, click on "(more attachments)" and put another one in the same way. There can only be four photos inserted in a post this way. You end up with photos attached with an iconic link you can click on to see the original size one, like this (note that photos added this way will show below your whole text so if you want them in the body of the post you will have to use the link method above):

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
Took all the mystery out of it.  Thanks.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com