Author Topic: -AUTHENTIC-Chuck Wagon Cooking at End of Trail  (Read 12905 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: -AUTHENTIC-Chuck Wagon Cooking at End of Trail
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 07:56:04 AM »
Yah, but I can find those by the hundreds, folks who can do beyond a stew and a cobbler in a Dutch Oven are harder to find. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Wishbone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 04:26:06 PM »
Taste Testers are always welcome at my campfire. Wishbone-Ks

Offline Wishbone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 04:42:02 PM »
Last May I was talking to a Couple of Chuck Wagon Owners about what price to pay for a wagon. Got several answers but one Gal said her Amish Friends charge about $250.00 each for new Wheels so use that as your base. I found a beatiful wagon to convert into a Chuck Wagon & the Fellow wants $3000.00. I heard he paid $800.00 for it. I offered $1500.00 but its still sitting in his barn. He bought it for the "Original" Seat. Makes a big differance in points if its Orignal or rebuilt. The Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City, each Memorial Weekend invites some of the Finest Chuck Wagon Crews to do Cooking Demos all weekend long. Several World Champs thier. I hoping to make it there this year. If youre near & appreciate Dutch Oven Cooking You should check it out.   Heres the web site.  http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/e_wago.html   Happy Trails, Wishbone

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:30:07 AM »

Offline James Hunt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »
The fella who I know and occasionally serve food for got started in the business for $7000. Got the wagon (which he had to convert to a chuck wagon) and a team of mules (came with automatic transmission, they were something). He bought a second wagon for about $1000 just to haul guests around in. The wagons are freight wagons and date from the late 1880's. He sold his Harley to buy that first wagon and mules and say's he has never regretted it. He is booked to cook every weekend thru September.
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com