Author Topic: 45-60 Lee Dies have Problem  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
45-60 Lee Dies have Problem
« on: April 03, 2007, 07:32:09 PM »
I have a set of Lee 45-60 dies and they won't crimp the bullet . I contacted Lee back in December and ask if there was a problem , I got there E-mail back and there is a problem with there die . I received there E-mail on March 5 . If you are having problems with this die contact Lee and they will make it right .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: 45-60 Lee Dies have Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »
Today I received an E-mail from Lee and they have shipped me the new die . I just e-mailed them my address last night . How about that for Speedy service .

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
I have a set of Lee 45-60 dies and they won't crimp the bullet . I contacted Lee back in December and ask if there was a problem , I got there E-mail back and there is a problem with there die . I received there E-mail on March 5 . If you are having problems with this die contact Lee and they will make it right .

So that was the problem.  I got one of their seating/crimping dies last year and it didn't crimp so I grabbed a .45/70 FCD and filed the sliding collet shorter until I got a good crimp on my brass.  Brass was converted from .45/70 cases and shortened to 1.88 inches.  I have a post on it in the BROW Forum.  Guess I'll have to contact Lee about that die they sold me.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:35:25 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com