Author Topic: Thanks to Wild Rose Trading Company  (Read 3264 times)

Offline knucklehead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks to Wild Rose Trading Company
« on: March 24, 2007, 10:07:29 PM »
Just finished watching the knife sheath video for the 2nd time.

Wow there is alot of great information on this video and the holster video.
Nolan Sackett did a great job on demo and explaining in the videos.

I just want to Thank Nolan for making 2 great videos. these 2 videos will be at the top of my collection now.

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Offline Nolan Sackett

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Co
  • Liked:
Re: Thanks to Wild Rose Trading Company
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »
You're welcome!

They were a labor of love and I hope it shows - wish I could do more and hopefully will, but I gotta say making one is MUCH harder than actually doing the work - I had to THINK about each and every step (and left a couple out.......)
aka Chuck Burrows
Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
Now Nolan, you are going to have to quit counting all that money long enough to share some of that beautiful beadwork skill with us.  Then after that.......  Just teasing Nolan, your strong suit is that of being an artist and that part can not be taught.  It simply amazes me that you can keep coming up with 'new visions' after I think you have topped out.  Keep up the good work and specially the sharing.   

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:02:23 PM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:45:49 AM »
I would like to second that Thank You.

Just watched the Holster Video for the 4th time last night. The Holster Video has been of tremendous help to me and has made leatherworking a lot more fun.

Thanks again!!!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline knucklehead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:42:39 AM »
I have watched videos by Dusty Johnson, George Hurst and John Bianchi.
All of these demostratiors have great videos and are very informative.
George Hurst's videos need to be watched with a pot of coffee to drink for me.
He is a great teacher but He just drones on. Its hypnotic and causes me to fall asleep.
Nolan's videos didn't put me to sleep.

Nolan is able to put the information out just a little better for people that pick up stuff a little slower. I feel that Nolan went through each step at a slower pace than what he would normaly do. The pace on the video helped me follow his steps very easy.
I did not have to stop the machine and rewind it due to not understanding something.
I am in the process of watching his knife sheath makin video again. I want to make the second sheath that he makes in the video.
the one with the star and the belt loop loops around the front of the sheath.
I even paused the video on the i beam that Nolan was using. I paused it there and showed my dad the i beam. Dad brought me a i beam home that resembled the one on the video 2 days later.

I doubt that i will do any old time dying on leather. I like using the dye that leatherfactory/tandy leather sells.
My fav dye is their antique saddle tan dye.

I relize that doing a video like this taxes your brain because you have to think about every little step that you do and talk about it.
From Nolan's responce to my thank you he mentioned that he left a couple of steps out.
Dang if I could figure out what those step/steps could be. the videos seam very complete in the information to me.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »
I'll cast a vote for any of the videos you list there pard.  There is one other that I'm familiar with and it also has some things to say from another perspective as well as a few unique methods.  It is put out by a pard named Jim Simmons and can be found at HIDE CRAFTERS.  I sometimes wonder if it would be of any interest to watch them again and do a book report or such?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com