Author Topic: Cowboy .45 Special (an update)  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cowboy .45 Special (an update)
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:27:09 AM »
Well, lemme see, it's been about 9 months since the first Cowboy .45 Special brass was available.  In that time a couple hundred folks have gotten acquainted with the round, and the reports have been very encouraging.  Our first shipment of 55,000 pieces lasted almost 6 months, mainly  because almost nobody knew what we were doing.

The next 56000 pieces went much faster, and if we are lucky, we'll make it to the end of March with existing stock.when our next 100,000 will arrive.  Note we took on a bigger shipment this time, and we were able to fend off an expected price increase in the process.  We're now told that we'll be able to hold the line on prices at least through the summer of this year.  So, instead of passing along a price increase, we put our capital on the line to keep the price at last year's levels. (none of the big houses did that with brass, trust me).

NEW for '07 is commercially loaded ammo available from Ten-X ammunition.  Ten-X is partnering with Adirondack Jack's Trading Post to offer loaded Cowboy .45 Special ammo.  Ten-X has them in stock right now, ready to order ( see www.tenxammo.com )  and soon we expect Ten-X dealers will have them (ask your Ten-X dealer to order some)   I don't have the exact ballistics here, but it is a 200 grain bullet with a new (milder) formulation of Triple Seven available exclusively in Ten-X ammunition.  I am told folks who have tried em think they are really neat.

Folks wanting to give Cowboy .45 Special a try without taking the plunge to load it will now have loaded BPC (black powder cartridge) ammo available through Ten-X.

We're proud to partner with Ten-X to bring the Cowboy .45 Special to market as loaded ammunition.

Spur's Inc reports they have converted half a dozen Marlins for Cowboy .45 Special.  Happy Trails has sucessfully prototyped the Wewoka Bill carrier for toggle links, and that will be with us in a few months, pending Hap's health issues getting sorted.

The EPP UG 45 150 bullet is a natural in the Cowboy .45 Special, as is the JP 200.  I hear tell the EPP molds are selling well also.  See Biglube.com for molds.

We have a few other new products at cowboy45special.com as well.  We now stock Joy T. Brew Enterprises loading blocks, and will soon (as soon as they get em to us) have Trigger Happy one piece trigger kits from Wild West, as well as their line of aluminum mag followers, both for Marlins.  These items will be discounted below retail, and we'll offer free shipping when ordered with brass.

The trigger happy trigger is a delight in a Marlin.  It is very slick and smooth, and the Marlin flop is gone.  No more stabbing yerself with the Marlin trigger when runnig the gun fast.  The aluminum magazine follower is a great upgrade when the plastic ones start getting torn up.

Anyway, it's been a long ride since that first shipment of brass arrived last June, and good things continue to happen.  Shooters in 40 states as well as a few other countries are now using the brass and enjoying them.  Thanks to all of you who have  given Cowboy .45 Special brass a try.  Your good words make the project very enjoyable.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Marshal Tac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Cowboy .45 Special (an update)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »
Don't thank us.. you did all the hard work....  :D

I would like to get my hands on some of that Ten-X loaded ammo and give it a whirl.

Any idea when it might ship to dealers?
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:01:30 PM »
Howdy Marshall Tac,  Ten-X is scheduled to have the brass in hand in early April, so ya gotta figure whenever they can work loading it into the schedule.  Probably be May before it hits the street.  Not all dealers will likely have it right off the bat.  If ya have a store ya shop at that is a dealer, make sure to tell em to order some when it is released.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:09:32 AM »

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:34:36 AM »
All great news AJ,

When the season breaks in the "frozen north" I think you will see demand go right thru the roof.  Soon as the stuff starts hurling lead downrange and the brass pickers get some C45 Spl brass their hands, the questions will fly.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »
Funny you mention that, but I I was kidded about the brass picking bit the other day.  One of my pards says "Ya know, after two years of being conditioned to bring them curious little cartridges back to you when they find em, brass pickers will have to be retrained this year, otherwise all yer sales will end up back in yer gun cart" :)

Offline warbucks16

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
.45 Cowboy Special

Has anyone heard  if this is available thru Ten-x yet.

I have e-mailed them several time about availability and where I might find a distributor with no response.

I suppose I can go on hand loading but I would rather be able to buy it and have less re-loading time and more shooting time.

I have checked their web site and price list and it doesn't show up on either. ???

Thanks for any info.

Warbucks16 ???

SASS Member
Storm Member #201
Scorrs Member
Retired Navy Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman
Marine Recon and Jump Qualified
Vietnam Viet 70-71 and proud of it!
Member NRA
45 Cowboy Special User.

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 03:09:58 PM »
Howdy,

I just called Richard (owner of Ten-X) and he has a limited supply on hand at Ten-X.  A bigger run will be coming to dealers in the near future.

For now, you can order directly from Ten-X

Email richard@tenxammo.com  and get the particulars.

Offline Texas John Critter

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »
AJ,
I finally had opportunity to see some of the CS brass in person and in action at the first Indiana BP Guild shoot.  I can't recall no who it was but I think it was Cowboy Rick.  Plenty of smoke and boom without the recoil, looked to be a pleasant load to shoot.  Nice job.
He any good?
He's killed more people than smallpox!
Well hell, introduce us.

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
AJ,
I finally had opportunity to see some of the CS brass in person and in action at the first Indiana BP Guild shoot.  I can't recall no who it was but I think it was Cowboy Rick.  Plenty of smoke and boom without the recoil, looked to be a pleasant load to shoot.  Nice job.

Thanks.  Could very well have been CBR.  There's quite a few folks in the KY, OH, IN area that have found em to be just as you described.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com