Author Topic: Hello! Anybody there?  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello! Anybody there?
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »
Hi,

I know this is for USFA discussions, and since nobody's talking and my USFA guns are still on order, I just had to talk here where I feel the most comfortable.  My FFL ordered a Freedom Arms Model 97 .41 Magnum with a 5 1/2" barrel for me at the show, and it came in last week.  I got a chance to shoot it at the range, the indoor range.  Everyone left, Sissys!  Against the 9s and .40s, that .41 Magnum made some serious noise.  Freedom Arms Pistols do lock up like a bank vault.

Well, I digressed enough.  Now, I need to shoot some serious .45 Colts through my Rodeo.  I wonder if they would let me shoot Black Powder in the indoor range?  Probably not! 

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Hello! Anybody there?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:04:48 PM »
Greetings Doc,
Yep, I'm here.  Check in every day just to see if anyone is posting anything.  It does get a bit too quiet around here.
Black powder at an indoor range?  Go ahead and try it!  I'd be willing to bet that they would remember you the next time you came in. ;D
Right now I'm debating on whether or not to call Nutmeg Sports ( www.nutmegsports.com )
to inquire about their engraved guns.  Come to think of it, I'm ALWAYS debating on whether or not to call them!  It's worth a trip to the web site just to look at them.  Sure are pretty!  Couple of years back I had Jim Alaimo make a set of one piece ivory grips for one of my Colts.  He does great work.
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline North Bender

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »
Doc, what do you have on order from USFA and when did you order it?

On Jan. 5 I ordered a Pre-War.  They said it would be in around April, but more likely May, and it may actually take longer.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:54:48 AM »

Offline Frank Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:42:11 AM »
Doc,

It'll be Christmas when you receive your USFA's, no matter what time of year you actually get them.  ;D

My two 7-1/2" SAA's w/bp frames are a joy to play with.
Frank Dalton
US Deputy Marshal
Indian Territory
SASS# 54716L
USFA CSS# 59
GAF# 360
STORM# 268
Perge Scelus Mihi Diem Perficias

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:13:08 AM »
Hi Capt., NB & FD,

Capt,
Speaking of engraved guns, I saw where Dennis Keyes engraved the last Colt New Frontier that was made.  Did he work at Colt?

NB,
In December I ordered an engraved Pre-War, Flattop Target, and a Bisley.

FD,
I've got the snow, now just waiting for Christmas.

Offline North Bender

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »
I ordered my USFA with 2-piece walnut grips and now I'm waffling.  I was thinking of ease of cleaning, but now I'm thinking that one-piece grips look cleaner.  What did you do Doc?

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 03:18:12 PM »
Because I have USFA guns with 1 and 2 pc. Walnut grips already and kept the Rubber grips on my Rodeos, I wanted to change things up a bit.  The Pre-War I went with aged TruIvory, the Flattop I went with 1 pc. checkered Walnut, and the Bisley I went with 2 pc. Fancy Walnut.  If the same grip maker is still there from last year, you will be pleased with whatever you got.  He, or she, is on top of their game.  USFA grips have been spectacular in fit & finish.  I have one Pre-War with the aged TruIvory grips, and can barely tell a difference between them and the real Ivory on my Colt John Wayne Sixgun.

Just talking about them is making me a little crazy.  I know it takes time and they are well worth it, but you know........

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:36:44 AM »
I have Tru Ivory grips on both of my USFA SAA.  One is a Sheriffs model the other a 5.5 incher.  I then have one piece walnut on my Ainsworth model.  Both the two piece grips and the one piece grips are spectacular with regards to fit.  I really cant tell the difference looking at them which is which.   With USFA you wont be disappointed either way you go.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com