Author Topic: Ejector rod 1851  (Read 1980 times)

Offline vandermd

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ejector rod 1851
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »
Haven't yet recieved my conversion for my 51 pietta .36 from R and D.  Have not decided if I will do an ejector rod/ housing. How does the housing attach to the gun, Does it attach to the screw hole from the removed ram rod mechanism. Looking at it it seems that it would be hard to get aroud the wedge and still line up with the cylinder? From the r and d website seems that they don't have any ejector rod/ housing available, the kirst is expensive, are there other options?

thanks,
vandermd

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ejector rod 1851
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »
I installed the ejector assembly from the Uberti 72 Opentop, purchased from VTIgunparts.  The assembly uses the former loading lever pivot hole but uses the Opentop retaining screw, so purchase that as well.  The thread pitch is different on the Opentop ejector housing, for some reason, so the lever pivot screw cannot be used.  You have to counterbore the right side of the formerly threaded pivot hole to fit the stud on the ejector housing.

You have to mill a groove in the barrel to seat the ejector assembly in the correct place to align with the chambers for ejection, and that is the trickiest part of the installation, getting the groove cut (7/16 ball end mill) to the proper depth and the centerline located properly above the screw and parrallel to the bore.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com