Author Topic: Product Review Please,,on '78 Colt copy by TTN  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Michael 'Deadwood' Clemons

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Shootist Board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Product Review Please,,on '78 Colt copy by TTN
« on: February 09, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
What do you 'shooters' think of the TTN double coach gun?
Does that thing have extracors of any type ? and if not...how to you secure the spent hull with your fingers to pull it out?
Or does it depend on gravity and just turning the shotgun upwards with chamber down?
Does it need any 'tuning'? or work done on it?
Quality?
Performance under pressure?
Thanks folks,
The Preacher
'AND I LOOKED, AND BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: AND HIS NAME THAT SAT ON HIM WAS DEATH, AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM.'
REVELATIONS 6:8

SASS# 74755

THE SHOOTIST BOARD  http://b5.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=angelsandbadmen

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Product Review Please,,on '78 Colt copy by TTN
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
I absolutely love mine.  However, it took a bit of work to get it ready.  The internals were rough and we did quite a bit of stoning to get the hammers to fire the gun reliably with the lightened springs.  We even had to releave some of the metal from the inside of the hammers as they would contact the frame when fired.

Remington gunclub and pheasant load fall right out by gravity.  As to Winchester AA's.  Thin hulls tend to stick in the chaimbers and need to be pulled out by hand.

With some love it turned out great.

FYI, mine was one of the early ones.  I've heard they improved some with time.  YMMV

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
First rate right out of the box.... came with lighter springs and the OEM as spares.

Extractors work very well, and mine shucked Plastic Hulls & brass shells (I have 8 of them  )  just fine.
My Stoeger did not and required work

Very nice figured Amreican Black walnut stock, good solid gun....
you won't be sorry you bought one
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:54:27 PM »

Offline Pukin Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • The frozen tundra of Madison, Wi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 10:29:56 AM »
I'm very happy with mine.  Nice wood and very good wood to metal fit.  I did smooth out the breech somewhat to debur it a bit although it really didn't need much.  I also had to take out the light spring on one hammer and replace with the original as it was not reliably firing the pistol primers on my brass shells (it had no problem with 209 primers)

I also honed down the edges on the hammers a bit to round them off.  They are quite sharp as shipped and I ripped up the palm of my hand pretty good when sweeping the hammers back.

Also got a larger bead for the front sight which helps the old eyes.
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Offline Michael 'Deadwood' Clemons

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Shootist Board
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:48:49 AM »
Puking Dog,,,the TTN comes with the light springs installed and the orginals one with it so you can change them out to 'standard?'
Thanks all for the reviews..think im gonna order one tommorrow.
The Preacher
'AND I LOOKED, AND BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: AND HIS NAME THAT SAT ON HIM WAS DEATH, AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM.'
REVELATIONS 6:8

SASS# 74755

THE SHOOTIST BOARD  http://b5.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=angelsandbadmen

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 04:00:08 PM »
I love mine ;D
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 09:42:19 PM »
Mine was an earlier one. Fit and finish was excellent, but at that time they didn't include the lighter springs. I called TTN and they sent me a set free. when I installed them, one side had a problem. My smith helped me find it and correct it, had to stone a part of the linkage. After that no problems. I use the STS hulls and it shucks them just fine and I checked it to make sure even with the lightened springs it'd fire any brand primer which it does. I replaced the front bead with a larger one and couldn't be happier with it. They do have extractors......................Buck 8) ;) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com