Author Topic: More on Coach guns , pics too  (Read 2730 times)

Stacey Lee

More on Coach guns , pics too
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:58:45 PM »
Sorry to start a new thread on the Coach gun stuff, but I have yet to conform to most any rule anyway,( if there is one here on that ) let alone the Stoager thread was getting a little long.

I have owned and worked on a few side-by-sides in my carreer, and by far for the money the Stoeger has been the easiest to gussy up and function-up for the money hands down. I do love the Savage side-by-sides too, truly beautifull in function and bluing is awsome too on them.
All the other side-by-sides afford a great numerical value $$$$$$$$$ , and you get what you pay for, and beauty along with it. For anyone interested in starting up in the sport and wanting to slightly customize too, then the Stoeger is a great way to go. I have found over the years that they got better not worse, and mine sings now with only minor mechanical improvement. I went all out with the finish and shaping and stuff of the stock , but that is just me of course.

So, here is my beauty , I named her after me,
" The Stacey Lee , Double Barrelled Whoop-A$$  "

Pachmyer recoil pad installed, blued and checkered pistol grip cap, recoil reducer in the stock, 39 coats of synthestic finish to nearly 1/8 " deep high gloss ( trade secret, don't even ask ) , and 23kt gold inlayed all the engraving and writing on the gun.
For a $400 gun, she is priceless to me now, plus she shoots as good as I think I do.

Cheers, and enjoy you days, long nights and lots of smoke, the black kind.
Sincerely, Stacey Lee

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: More on Coach guns , pics too
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
This is my customised coach gun. (I cut 8" off the original barrels!) Unknown Belgian make c. 1900. Black powder proof only. Cost around $80 12 years ago. Shoots better than I do and makes lots of smoke!

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
That's purty, SL! 

Until about Aug or Sep of 2006 I had a Stoeger and LOVED it.  It was flawless in operation.  Mine was one of the older ones with the dark jungle mystery wood which wasn't all that good looking, but it was functional.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:40:42 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com