Author Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members  (Read 144470 times)

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
Trap, not to offend anyone. But how many revolvers has USFA sold on the special deal for NCOWS? I know it was not a cheap item, but nothing worthwhile is. I think you see what I mean. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »
  TJ; Thats true , but the only thing they did different was the Ser. # and a letter.   jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »
Trap, yes you are right. But for $200 you can have your own special ser.# on any gun ordered from them. The reason I know this, on my ordered they, at first charged me that much extra. After I contacted them, they took that price off. I bought one of the revolvers, it is a very fine firearm and I will use it some. I will leave it, a box of John Wayne 45 colt bullets, a picture of me in my NCOWS outfit, and one of my NCOWS membership cards with my number on it to one of my Grandsons. I have four now and my youngest daughter will marry in June. Plan to leave one of my revolvers to each. Well I got a little carried away here. More info than you probably wanted. I am a proud Granddad and have two darling Granddaughters too. Maybe they all will want to shoot with NCOWS and I'll have to buy more guns to leave them. One can only hope. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 04:23:05 AM »

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 06:14:12 AM »
Trap, yes you are right. But for $200 you can have your own special ser.# on any gun ordered from them. The reason I know this, on my ordered they, at first charged me that much extra. After I contacted them, they took that price off. I bought one of the revolvers, it is a very fine firearm and I will use it some. I will leave it, a box of John Wayne 45 colt bullets, a picture of me in my NCOWS outfit, and one of my NCOWS membership cards with my number on it to one of my Grandsons. I have four now and my youngest daughter will marry in June. Plan to leave one of my revolvers to each. Well I got a little carried away here. More info than you probably wanted. I am a proud Granddad and have two darling Granddaughters too. Maybe they all will want to shoot with NCOWS and I'll have to buy more guns to leave them. One can only hope. TJ

Ok, now that is one proud Grandpa for sure!! :D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »
Tejas Jacko -

I'm sure we're not that far apart in age, but have you got room for another Grandson?  I'd like to volunteer - and I'll bring my own guns!  ;)

Then MY 3 grandkids can say they have a great Grandpa AND a Great Grandpa!!!  :D  ;D ;D  (And you could buy the first Grandkids ya already have their USFA guns - I'll wait - I understand seniority principles!)

;D

However, since I DO plan to win the Lottery some day, (  ::) ) I really wish USFA would extend the deal to NCOWS members.  I'm sure their bookkeepers are crying over all those $200 NCOWS monies they lost ... but somehow, I really doubt that putting a simple custom serial # AND properly registering it with the Feds actually costs $200.  More like $20 I'd guess, but I could be wrong - it might be actually $30 or even $35.

But I'm NOT bashing USFA - I assure you, if I could get one (OR a "set") I WOULD!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »
SHB-- just to keep things in perspective, the last time Smith&Wesson put custom serial numbers on any of their firearms, it took a minimum order of 5,000 guns to get it.  That's a 1000 to 1 difference between USFA and S&W.
French Jack

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2008, 05:47:20 PM »
Steel Horse, I'll keep you in mind. Who knows I might win that lottery and a fellow just couldn't go wrong buying a friend a USFA.TJ
By the way I was wrong about the $200. That is what they tried to charge me, but they told me the actual price is $100. Any way they didn't charge me. TJ

Also have to tell you. All the Grandkids will not get USFA. I already have the guns for the ones that are already here.TJ

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »
Thankee kindly, TJS!

French J, yeah I understand 'bout the difference in "company attitude."  The fact that USFA will do it at all on a one-to-one basis says a lot 'bout them!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »
SHB
Now you see why I wanted to use USFA . They actually talked to little ole NCOWS ,plus they build the best  darn  Pistol on the Cowboy market . They aren't Cheap just the BEST .

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
The 1875 Remington from USFA is priced at$1899, expected shipping in May.  Save up your allowance, fellers.
French Jack

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »
F. Jack, where'd you get that info?  ??? I spoke with Mark Roberts at USFA a while back & he told me approx. $1300.00.  Granted, it was an approximation, but $599.00 difference?  :o

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »
French Jack
I guess we got a real good deal after looking at the price of there Remington . I sure  would like to have a 5.5 barrel maybe that big  old Tax check will cover it .

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »
Seems there are still rumors flying about pricing.  I asked Banjoman for particulars a couple of days ago and his reponse is contained in this thread.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,18807.0.html

I will be sure of the price when I actually see it posted on the USFA website.  Until then, I think all this talk of pricing  is kind of speculative.  If the base price is as French Jack states, I am guessing they wont sell any where near the number they would like to sell.  Start adding extras and you could easily end up with a $2500  or more gun.  I think this would be too rich for alot of their target customers.  Regards.  Deadeye.

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »
The price and schedule was given to me by Banjoman yesterday.
French Jack

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2008, 06:41:35 AM »
Good luck with that pricing.   :-[

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
 :'(

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
  Really! I was ready to order at $1300. $1900 I will have to reevaluate.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2008, 10:39:13 AM »
  Really! I was ready to order at $1300. $1900 I will have to reevaluate.

Yup.  Me too.  But we really havent got the official word yet.  Still nothing on the website.  I am guessing that they will post something on the website after the Shot Show.   That  $1900 is for the basic gun too so if you want to upgrade to nicer grips or a different finish...... My Uberti 75 is looking alot better to me now.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »
Yup.  Me too.  But we really havent got the official word yet.  Still nothing on the website.  I am guessing that they will post something on the website after the Shot Show.   That  $1900 is for the basic gun too so if you want to upgrade to nicer grips or a different finish...... My Uberti 75 is looking alot better to me now.

You betcha!!  Mine still looks pretty good, too.  ;)

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
But it's not a USFA!    ;D  Pretty high price of admission to join that group, as much as I like the company, their philosphy, their nationality.  Maybe a glut of preowned SUFA's will glut the market when those that just gotta have the Remmie unload their gunslingers to come up with the $$$.
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com