Author Topic: Just heard from Founders Ranch.......  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Brutha Dave

• Active citizen
    • Brutha Dave's Guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just heard from Founders Ranch.......
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »
My pard who is out there for the BP Shoot just called for another pards cell number.
Seems as though it's been raining for a couple of days and that New Mexico mud is slicker than anything you can think of. Said you can't hardly walk without fallin down. As he rang off he mentioned that it had started to snow. Wish I were there!    ;) ;)

Thanks, Brodave............

Offline Bear Rider

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Just heard from Founders Ranch.......
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 09:49:51 PM »
$A$$ has purchased property that is unsuitable for outdoor events ony large scale for at least 4 months out of the year.

The temperatures there now are at or below freezing at night. A month from now, they will be about 15, and approaching zero as winter begins.

Offline Cactus Cris

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 10:57:12 PM »
Just looked at the weather site for area--FREEZE WARNING!!!!  Now that is invite'n.        NOT. :o ::) ;)
Darksider- Gpa of 5- Rabid  C&Br,   DGB, Scorrs, ACSA, RSCAS,TONTO RIMM,  SASS #2790, 31 & counting Clean match's

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:45:40 AM »

Offline SIR WILLIAM

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 01:11:38 AM »
ROTFLMAO!!  I find that FUNNY!

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 02:38:57 AM »
Sounds like a Summer holiday place to me, 15 I don't even need a jacket, come visit us on our February shoot, -30 -40 but in the day time it will warm up to 0 on nice days and sometimes the wind quits blowing, no, shouldn't lie, the wind never quits blowing here.  ;D
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Bear Rider

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 07:37:35 AM »
Micheal,

I'll bet that you don't get too many visiting shooters from Arizona or Texas during the winter.  ;D

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 01:36:12 PM »
Heard on the news that it was snowing in Albacurke (cant spell worth a hoot) last night, should make shooting interesting to get to little alone shoot.
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 02:13:02 PM »
Bear Rider,

Nope, not to many outside visitors, not to many of us either.  Holiday times and just needing a break I guess.

Light the fire in the bunkhouse, run out and shoot a stage, run back and warm up.

If you love to shoot, you will.  It's just a matter of priorities I guess.  But if you are worried about a little cold and snow you won't live here at least for 5 months of the year. 
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Bear Rider

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 08:26:12 PM »
Michael,

When I was younger (and dumber) I lived at 8100' and commuted daily out of the backwoods and over a 10000' pass. I've seen snowdrifts coming over the hood of my truck on the way home (the hood was taller than most cars THEN), and I've gone ten days at a time without electricity in the middle of winter. I learned real early on that mother nature is a bitch, and that she will kill you given half a chance.

I used to enjoy the challenge of living on the edge. Now, I've seen enough snow and cold to last me a lifetime. I MIGHT come to one of your shoots. I guarantee you that I wouldn't get very far from the stove while I was there.

Offline Hemlock Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 09:02:50 PM »
That "cool" weather keeps the bugs down  :D

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com