Author Topic: I never asked his name.......  (Read 1795 times)

Offline O.T. Buchannan

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I never asked his name.......
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »
It was a tad on the cold side yesterday, and I had to test a gun (a Steyr S40), to log the malfunctions it was having, prior to sending it back to the factory.  Well, I went to an indoor range, put the pistol through it's paces, finished up my range session, and then prepared to head back home.

Just as I stepped out the door, I saw a gentleman walking up, getting ready to go in. He had on a pair of revolvers, butt forward, in California style holsters.  I stopped and said, "Are you a cowboy shooter?"  He said yes, and although I never met the guy before, he immediately told me his guns were just like 'Wild Bill Hickoks'.  He pulled one of them out to show me.  It was an R&D converted 51 Colt Navy (no ejector) with custom made, Hickok style grips (from Buffalo Brothers).  He pulled out the other conversion, and it was also an R&D conversion, but WITH the ejector, etc.  It also had the 'Hickok' grips.   

Now, this guy didn't know me from Adam, but we stood there and had a good, ten minute conversation about guns, conversions in particular, and I told him about the several that I had.  There are two or three local SASS clubs around, but I never got around to asking him to which one he belonged....we just rattled on about conversions.......

I didn't ask him if he was a SASS member, and I'm pretty sure it never occurred to him that I was an NCOWS member.....the whole conversation was about our mutual love for conversions.

We parted ways, and I didn't reflect on it until a few minutes later, that I never asked his name, and he never asked mine.  Just two 'conversion nuts' in passing.

I guess I'm just tickled that we got so caught up in our mutual respect for Old West iron, that we dispensed with all other courtesies....:)

Just thought I would share.
"If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn."

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: I never asked his name.......
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:55:34 AM »
Kewl!  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com