Author Topic: UP mystery train  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
UP mystery train
« on: December 01, 2006, 10:49:36 PM »
About 11:00 am today, just north of the Ontario airport on a siding, was an fascinating passenger consist.

Had a modern "growler" up front (I'm not up on them, but it was newer than the GP locos), but the rest of the train was late '30s smoothside streamliner.

RPO, 2 coaches. 2 Vista Domes, diner, 2 others I didn't recognize, and a streamlined observation with an open platform!

Whole thing was done up in Union Pacific passenger yellow from the old days.

I couldn't get around close enough to take a really good look...didn't even have anything to write wih so I could get numbers...and was hoping maybe someone would know about any specials running the old cars.

Boston John? Anybody else?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: UP mystery train
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »
 Forty is there a chance it's being moved to a movie set?

BTT
Mathew 5.9

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »
Too bad you didn't have your camera.  I'd like to have seen it!  An RPO?  I can't remember when the Post Office quit using them!

'Course, tere MAY be a few still operating in a few backwater places.  To my knowledge, there is still a "mule" powered Postman who goes down into the Grand Canyon 2 or 3 times a week.  (To service the Visitor Center I believe is there, and also for any scientific groups that may be there from time to time.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:26:39 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com