Author Topic: beretta stampede questions  (Read 7218 times)

Offline matt dueling

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
beretta stampede questions
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:02:08 PM »
Hello,
I am looking at buying one right now for $400 it is 5.5 .45lc and it is brand new. I am just trying to find out reliability issues and how it has done for the folks that have them now?
Thanks Matt

Offline h c ramrod

• H.C.Ramrod
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: beretta stampede questions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:36 AM »
I sold a pair of stampede's to my buddy's wife and they do a lot of shoots and has had no problems with them she is very happy with them.
keep yur powder dry.

44caliberkid

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:06:49 AM »
We currently own one Stampede, a 5.5 inch, 357 version.  $400 is a good price for a new one.  They are Uberti's , so quality is on par with those guns.  Beretta does their own version of color case hardening and blue, and they use a transfer bar instead of a fixed firing pin.  They also have a coil handspring, which is a good thing.   For $400, I'd go for it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:23:26 PM »

Offline Surly Bob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:33:37 PM »
I bought a pair in .357 for my wife and now my wife and daughter give them double duty at every shoot.  They are nice and "broke in" now.  The blue is wearing off after 3 years which I suppose can be expected.  Only problem I have with them is that you have to check the screws or loc tite them as they were pretty loose when we started shooting them.  Otherwise, we've been very pleased.  They clean up good but I have to use a Lewis lead remover once in awhile on the forcing cones.  Oh yeah, they are pretty darn accurate right out of the box!  Put in a lighter spring and they are ready for cowboy action! 

Have fun!
Uh, it's been a while since I was in a fight.
I panicked!
Fell back, like to have broke my foot!
Well, or that damn Cuban cigar got me riled up

Offline mcgiiver

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »
I bought a pair in .357 for my wife and now my wife and daughter give them double duty at every shoot.  They are nice and "broke in" now.  The blue is wearing off after 3 years which I suppose can be expected.  Only problem I have with them is that you have to check the screws or loc tite them as they were pretty loose when we started shooting them.  Otherwise, we've been very pleased.  They clean up good but I have to use a Lewis lead remover once in awhile on the forcing cones.  Oh yeah, they are pretty darn accurate right out of the box!  Put in a lighter spring and they are ready for cowboy action! 

Have fun!

Hey Bob, Where would I get lighter springs for my Beretta Stampedes?

Offline BlaiseNSaddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
We currently own one Stampede, a 5.5 inch, 357 version.  $400 is a good price for a new one.  They are Uberti's , so quality is on par with those guns.  Beretta does their own version of color case hardening and blue, and they use a transfer bar instead of a fixed firing pin.  They also have a coil handspring, which is a good thing.   For $400, I'd go for it.

I knew the laramie had a coil spring in it but not the Stampedes.  Might have to take a look, I sure wish the New Vaqueros had a 357 in 7.5" but this might be an option.

Still though saving the pennies post tax season drooling over a Laramie

Offline SFT

• Top Active Citizen
  • You can't kill a man born to hang!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 12:21:45 AM »
Sinced this got bumped to the top I just thought I'd just put in my experience with the Stampedes;  all negative.  I got lemons and Beretta service was a big zero too.  Should have let them work the kinks out first but I had to have the first ones available in my local, but have close Pards with zero problems.  I just won't buy them again.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind that I miss the most!
SASS# 35973, BOLD #557, Tejas Caballeros, Texican Rangers and TSRA

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »
To counter that point, I love mine which I bought in 2005.  They must have worked the kinks out by then.  It's always a bother to buy problems and that is usually my lot in the world.  Had luck this time, though. 

I've got the 3.5 inch Marshal in .357.  She's a coooool little gun! 
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com