Author Topic: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend"  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend"
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Interesting, several years ago at one of the Shooter Discussion Groups something came up about THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, and how the movie didn't fit John Ford, John Wayne, nor Jimmy Stewart.  That it was "based on a lie".  Interesting, in the DIRECTED BY JOHN FORD documentary last night they discussed this movie and FORT APACHE where Thursday (Henry Fonda) gets the credit, when John Wayne was the true hero.  They discussed, that in both movies, even though the Legend Became the Story, Ford always showed you the truth.  And that was why the movies were so powerful.  That that it was based on a lie, but that even then you could see the truth.

Any one else see this?

Steve
“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com