Author Topic: USFA Medallion?  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Sikeston Slinger

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Medallion?
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:05 PM »
Kinda quiet around here, pards (yet again!).

I think it would be great if USFA would have some silver medallions (or bronze, or whatever) made up and packaged with new guns - maybe bronze for Rodeos and silver for the premium SAAs.  It would be a neat collector item for us die-hard USFA fans.  It could have the US logo on the obverse, and some type of slogan, or Hartford, CT USA / "under the blue dome" on the reverse.  Just a thought.  Would look great nestled in a custom fit wood case with a recessed spot to put the medallion when displaying the gun that way.

Just my 2 cents, pard, sittin' in the boot heel of Missouri watchin' the world go by....  :( :( :(

Slinger
Justice is Coming

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: USFA Medallion?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:14:05 PM »
Howdy Slinger!
It would be nice but I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that it will never happen.  Some of us here on the board suggested to USFA that they include a generic type "factory" letter with their inspector series guns - something that might add to their value as a collectible.  It would have cost USFA next to nothing and that idea went nowhere.  Go figure.
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:33 PM »
USFA is slow to give their guns mystique and collector desireablity with add ons like letters, medallions etc.  Heck, I'd like to see hats, Jackets, T-Shirts and mugs too and I'd be willing to pay too much for them too.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:20:44 AM »

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:18:56 AM »
I believe USFA is being careful and prudent in concentrating on developing their company, processes, equipment, and skilled craftsmanship to handle the steady growth that it has encountered.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see something in the world of USFA extras for us USFA fans.  But I also remember how much fun Colt Commemeratives were when they began, but then went to absurdity with the astounding numbers of commemeratives that eventually dropped collector values in general.

That being said, I also believe that "Word of Mouth" advertising is of the highest quality and highest yield.  A nice USFA hat or shirt would help spark up conversations.  Especially with the sweet "US" logo.  I wouldn't do mugs though, I have a plastic bin full of Fire Department mugs collecting dust.

Also, USFA already does Historical letters.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »
Glad to hear they do letters now.  I understand they are concentrating on getting their guns out there, but shameless promotion by fans like us can't be bad for business. ;D

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:08:03 AM »
I think it would be "neat" if they would make t-shirt colors a surprise just like the gun sock colors.  How about an advertising poster of the great US Gun Wheel.  Isn't it amazing how something like a great American made beauty as a great USFA SAA makes us feel like kids dreaming the day away?  Some may say it is expensive dreaming, but if it were cheap and plentiful what would there be to dream about?

Offline Beans

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 06:48:52 AM »
A "hat pin" would be nice ;D

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked: